free hit
counters
Brands Hatch GP Circuit 14th September - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Colin67

Brands Hatch GP Circuit 14th September

Myself and another Elise 220 Cup owner have just signed up for this 'OpenTrack" Brands GP day? Anyone else on here going, or fancy it?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 04/09/2018 at 18:52, Colin67 said:

Myself and another Elise 220 Cup owner have just signed up for this 'OpenTrack" Brands GP day? Anyone else on here going, or fancy it?

I assume you're the chap I met with the Orange 220? Nice to meet you.

It was a great day, wasn't it? Did you get any video?

I had a lot of fun!

Edited by mikehhhhhhh

Hello Mike. Indeed that was me, along with my buddy, Philip Hobden, in the Red 220 Cup that you overtook in your video. Absolutely brilliant day wasn't it and good value for money. I sent a note back to the organiser saying I was happy to trade off a little congestion for a reasonably price. Overall discipline was fine though. He has a number of other track days pending on decent track, all very reasonable.

Thats a nice set of laps with good times. Best I could do was in the 1.52's and Philip was about 2 secs quicker. It's all about carrying speed through the outer loop isn't it. I was getting quicker at the end of the day and feel that next time should see me below 1.50. 

What actually happened at the end of your video? 

I think I have some video but I'm  currently out of the country, back in a week. 

Looking good Mike!

the drive looks and sounds quite different to our Elise Cups - I get a bit less oversteer! Looks great fun!

youre giving Colin and I dark thoughts about engine swaps...

be good to catch up at another one soon!

I found the traffic a little frustrating, but overall it was OK while trying to learn the track.

At the end of the video the car basically stopped working at part-throttle/low boost, perhaps brought on by either slowing suddenly, or my trip across the kerb. It's been mapped properly this week, it needed quite a lot of work and a new throttle position sensor amongst a few other bits but it should finally be making decent power when Martyn gets it back.

It is a little oversteery, but not as bad as it was on Martyn's suspension and tyres. I thought the handling was near perfect, though. While it was quite loose, it was super predictable on the limit. I need to work on balancing the car better, though. 

You guys don't need engine swaps, you have perfect reliability to enjoy :) and yes, definitely, let me know when you're on track again!

We have a really nice group of Elise Cup owners that do quite a bit of tracking plus some club sprints and time trials, including European tracks such as Spa, Zandvoorte, Nordschliefe, etc. I'll keep you posted.