free hit
counters
ODB Reader and DPM - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Mark030358

ODB Reader and DPM

Hi all,

While I was away I had a few niggles with the car.

Had the DPM warning light come on a few times when starting the car, followed some advice re pressing the brake pedal and since no issues. So would an ODB reader give me a fault code for the DPM system or is that proprietary?

cheers

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’ve got an OBD II reader. Bought it from my local indie (Lakeside) for £20... It’s a universal tool that works on all cars.

For £20 a no brainier.

Is your car still under warranty? Get the dealer to sort it? 

I’ve had an error with DSC when the Transforged lights were the wrong resistance. OBD reader didn’t pick it up at all.  Having said that, the OBD reader is often useful to be able to check things and give you peace of mind.  I leave mine plugged in the whole time so I can check on my phone whenever I need to

Hi, @auRouge, @GFWilliams

Thanks for the replies. Yes under warranty and the dealer thinks it’s the brake switch. However like GFW I have GRP lights with a resistor fitted. Dealer told me that if you press the pedal and the lights don’t come on it will throw up the warning light and disable the DPM. So maybe the lights ...

Car booked in for late October as I’m away to the sandpit again.

cheers

Mark

If you put the OEM lights back on, I suspect that the DPM fault will disappear. 

(Greg still has some bugs to iron out). 

26 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

If you put the OEM lights back on, I suspect that the DPM fault will disappear. 

(Greg still has some bugs to iron out). 

I'd check the resistor is wired in correctly, I had the issue and fixed it with a resistor in the correct place.

Greg is very good at helping with any problems, so worth a chat with him if you're not happy in any way.

15 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I'd check the resistor is wired in correctly, I had the issue and fixed it with a resistor in the correct place.

Greg is very good at helping with any problems, so worth a chat with him if you're not happy in any way.

Yep Greg is a top man, 1000% agree with you there. 100% certain it’s the switch. By the way, fitted the new GRPs a few days ago and they look the dogs 👍. My old ones are listed for sale on the forum.

cheers