free hit
counters
[Ebay-bot]Lotus Esprit S3 Turbo 1986 essex blue / classic barnfind restoration project - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

[Ebay-bot]Lotus Esprit S3 Turbo 1986 essex blue / classic barnfind restoration project

ebay

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's this one reposted but more complete and with more photos.

3 hours ago, ebay said:
140.jpg £12,500.00
End Date: Friday Oct-5-2018 16:54:52 BST
Add to watch list

Click to view item

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Yes, I've looked long and hard at the photos (just for curiosity you understand) and I'm not convinced about the quality of some if the work. E.g. The hammerited master cylinder. Makes me wonder about the quality of that engine 'rebuild'.

Yes it needs paint and trim but it's only recently out of (clean) MOT and has clearly got a few new parts fitted already. Got to be cheap if it could be bought for £10k?

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

7 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

Yes, I've looked long and hard at the photos (just for curiosity you understand) and I'm not convinced about the quality of some if the work. E.g. The hammerited master cylinder. Makes me wonder about the quality of that engine 'rebuild'.

Yes it needs paint and trim but it's only recently out of (clean) MOT and has clearly got a few new parts fitted already. Got to be cheap if it could be bought for £10k?

If I was advertising at 12,500 I wouldn't take 10,000. 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, pete said:

If I was advertising at 12,500 I wouldn't take 10,000. 

It has to be worth the asking price. I know what I paid for mine and it needs bucket loads of work. If I had the coin and space I would have it for sure.

Looks like it's sold already.

Depending on the quality of the work done already and that engine rebuild, with the spare parts too its probably not a bad deal for someone prepared to do a lot of work themselves. Even if you spend as much again getting it A1 you'd still have a well sorted car for probably less than you'd need to pay for one already done with so many new parts fitted.

Hopefully it'll surface on here somewhere so we can follow its progress 

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Quite a few companies that lurk quietly in the background that restore Esprits,  Even more so now with the projects drying up as they only seem to pop up every now and again these days, a few years ago it was lotus projects all over the place on things like ebay etc for very little money. 

A

Saw this and realised I know this car.  It belonged to Glyn Rowling who I'm sure was once a member here or a previous forum incarnation.

He died in January just two weeks after turning 39.  He lived just a couple of miles from me and the car was a regular sight on the roads albeit hadn't seen it for a while.  I'm sure Obione will remember a run out with Glyn in the long distant past.  Very sad. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 5