free hit
counters
why is this different to all others? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

why is this different to all others?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm the same with the wife  

Mine is only 5 months old. The guy who built yours obviously got to the parts shelf quicker than my guy. I wonder if someone has made a carbon fibre clip on cover? That might do the job

They also saved some money on certain cars by not painting on a top coat. Those particular cars came out in primer grey.       

Posted Images

Lots of little bits, ISTR. It would probably worth doing a search for relevant posts during the second half of the JMG ‘tenure’. That’s when the penny pinching really kicked it. 

Carbon fibre endplates for the rear wing were replaced with plastic, for example. 

Engine covers, black SC, carbon rear diffuser surround, rear speakers, carbon endplates. I’m sure there were more.

Other bits were everything became an option and costs went up for base cars.

Fitting carpets is easy, just buy the carpets or get some cut. Then seats out, a bit of double sided tape and you’re done. It wouldn’t take you long

Depends on the car, the changes are only small things and you’d probably change/upgrade bits anyway. A badly kept older example won’t be any better than a mint one newer one without useless rear speakers. 

Some bits came back anyway, mine has a black supercharger and plaque and was built earlier this year.

The penny pinching didn’t afffect anything material but was annoying and not good for the reputation of Lotus when trying to go upmarket 

Mine is only 5 months old. The guy who built yours obviously got to the parts shelf quicker than my guy.

I wonder if someone has made a carbon fibre clip on cover? That might do the job

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Dan.G said:

Mine is only 5 months old. The guy who built yours obviously got to the parts shelf quicker than my guy.

I wonder if someone has made a carbon fibre clip on cover? That might do the job

You could try this:

http://hofmanns.co.uk/supercharger/

I haven’t seen a proper cover for the SC only, but if dressed properly and add carbon covers back in like in this thread, then it will look much better.

Failing that remove and powder coat, but I really don’t think it’s worth it unless you are are obsessed with hidden bits looking mint (I am so not judging)

1 minute ago, MrP_ said:

You could try this:

http://hofmanns.co.uk/supercharger/

I haven’t seen a proper cover for the SC only, but if dressed properly and add carbon covers back in like in this thread, then it will look much better.

Failing that remove and powder coat, but I really don’t think it’s worth it unless you are are obsessed with hidden bits looking mint (I am so not judging)

Meh, it's not terrible, I can live with it, just think the older style was better.

I am sure other options will present themselves

Sorry to say, but at the end of the day they, LOTUS, turned out to be penny pinching [email protected]

I complained, but sweet f^ck all.....

Shocking really.....

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

They also saved some money on certain cars by not painting on a top coat. Those particular cars came out in primer grey. 

:rofl:

I'm guessing you've seen my other thread, haha! Cheers....mate....

18 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Is that not how they did red, with gel coat? 😬

Nah, yellow..

14 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Sorry to say, but at the end of the day they, LOTUS, turned out to be penny pinching [email protected]

I complained, but sweet f^ck all.....

Shocking really.....

It is a shame, if lotus are building on their brand name, they will not achieve their goal by cutting corners. Cutting corners will create faults and unhappy customers, and then everyone will jump to porsche!

After reading a few posts on here, I'm wondering if my hard earned cash is best placed with lotus.

Luckily, I just revert back to the picture threads and sound clips and then I don't care

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dan.G said:

After reading a few posts on here, I'm wondering if my hard earned cash is best placed with lotus.

These are excellent cars... really really excellent. Yes they have their faults, but so do most. I may moan and gripe a bit now and then, but I do love the car!!!

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

Lotus needed to be trimmed to initially remain in business and then to strengthen the balance books for the sale to Geely. JMG carried this on post-sale however but he's gone and Lotus is a very different company since his departure. Now, with a rumoured £1.5bn initial investment the future is golden for the company. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

42 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Lotus needed to be trimmed to initially remain in business and then to strengthen the balance books for the sale to Geely. JMG carried this on post-sale however but he's gone and Lotus is a very different company since his departure. Now, with a rumoured £1.5bn initial investment the future is golden for the company. 

Can I bring it back to you for some bling to be fitted then?

We're not Lotus mate, we just have a very close relationship with the factory. 

They (currently) no longer have a workshop for customer cars so you'll be best of using your supplying (or local) dealer or a good independent.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

4 minutes ago, Bibs said:

We're not Lotus mate, we just have a very close relationship with the factory. 

They (currently) no longer have a workshop for customer cars so you'll be best of using your supplying (or local) dealer or a good independent.

Oh I see, wow, the way your knowledge comes across mate sounds like you are. Apologies. I was only pulling your leg anyway, what more can one realistically do to such a car Anyway!

Very kind of you to say, thank you. 

PS You can just use the reply box, no need to quote :thumbup:

Evora NA