free hit
counters
Charge cooling options? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sharky

Charge cooling options?

Was wondering what options are out there....

I can't seem to find pictures or diagrams that show the internals of the various approaches.

As far as I can tell there are three:

1. Integral to the inlet manifold

2. sandwich plate

3. Factory (not quite clear on its operation)

I'm interested in the benefits and limitations of each, some clarity on how they are put together, and where you can get them. Thought it would be a good reference conversation for the board. 

👍

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As far as I'm aware the only aftermarket option available is the Komotec package. SSC Aus have talked about their option which looks similar to the Lotus OEM in the 410 and 430, but seem to have gone quiet.

It' a shame nobody can get access to the manufacturer Lotus uses for the 410 and 430.

Check this out.... https://forums.the playground.org/viewthread.php?tid=450972

and their may be something else, but can’t say at the moment....

cheers

9 hours ago, Sharky said:

Looks very promising. 👍

BOE have a rather shaky record. For one thing they have long promised Evora upgrades they never delivered (unless that is what you meant with "very promising":)). Secondly what they have built seems to have been of unsure quality.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

20 minutes ago, TBD said:

BOE have a rather shaky record. For one thing they have long promised Evora upgrades they never delivered (unless that is what you meant with "very promising":)). Secondly what they have built seems to have been of unsure quality.

Its all vapour-ware until you can actually buy it. Its 'promising' that there are signs that an aftermarket option for chargecooled blowers might be something that becomes available in the future. If one tuner does it then others will too. The actual system components come from Harrop, so if there's a market which I think there would be, then tuners are going to put something together.