free hit
counters
380 Cup vs 380 Sport - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DJW

380 Cup vs 380 Sport

Been out for a 50 mile blat tonight after not driving the car for a few weeks.  God I love these cars.  

Had the car nearly a year now which is nearly a record for me ;).  Anyway fancy a new toy and with 380 Cups heading towards £75k , I’m thinking mine is worth around £62k ?, so potentially £13-15k to change.  

So what’s the main difference between my car and a Cup then.  I’ve got the carbon and track pack.   Visually I can see the slots in the front and rear wings, which are so cool, plus the larger rear wing.  What else ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hmmmm, I had this same dialema. I considered the 380 cup.

I got to the point where I was thinking enough is enough on what I could spend, as an example, for a 'little' more you could have the 430.. the potential goes on. I admit, for what ive paid for  my sport it isn't much cheaper than the cup to be honest. Which is causing battles in my mind..

From what I've read, and I am trying to learn as much as possible on this forum, there isn't a major difference between the cup and sport. At Hethel there was only a minor lap time difference, so, is it fair to say your paying for some stickers, a bigger wing, and some vents? (Not hating, just stating how I looked at it when debating which model to go for)

Just a thought, would that 13-15k be better spent on a komotech pack?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DJW said:

Been out for a 50 mile blat tonight after not driving the car for a few weeks.  God I love these cars.  

Had the car nearly a year now which is nearly a record for me ;).  Anyway fancy a new toy and with 380 Cups heading towards £75k , I’m thinking mine is worth around £62k ?, so potentially £13-15k to change.  

So what’s the main difference between my car and a Cup then.  I’ve got the carbon and track pack.   Visually I can see the slots in the front and rear wings, which are so cool, plus the larger rear wing.  What else ?

Different design carbon tailgate. Option of A frame thanks to t45 roll hoop not present in non cup cars.

Airbag delete.

Variable traction control

Carbon roof, interior parts etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan.G said:

Just a thought, would that 13-15k be better spent on a komotech pack?

Hi Dave,

We have exactly the same spec car, except mine is a nicer colour 😂😂😂😂😂 ( joking naturally)...

But in all seriousness, I have to agree with the post above. When I had my order in for my 380 I put it on hold as the “teaser” photos of the Cup were being released. So I waited for the launch and decided the difference in price/performance was not worth it ( don’t get me started on the 430 release date ). 

Although the rear deck, spoiler and front clam look great, plus me not being as talented a driver as Nigel Mansell, I decided the variable traction control was something I would probably use once in a blue moon.

I will be going the KT route in the not too distant future.

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

There really isn't much difference between the 380 sport and cup. only reason i ended up with a cup is because my exige s engine blew and the only cars the dealer had were two 350 sports, a yellow and and orange, plus the 380 cup which was on order for a friend who then decided he wanted the 430 cup. I didn't like the colors on the 350 sports so ended up with the cup. if they had any 380 sports in stock in a decent color i would have probably gone for that and saved some money.

now though that i do have a 380 cup i love it, i personally think its the best looking exige available, i love all the carbon and i love the alcantera interior. 

I got loads of pics of my car up on insta if you're interested https://www.instagram.com/380cup/

• Like 1

Cheers guys.  Not too much difffenrce then.  

Komotech sounds good choice , but for me as I know car would be sold on within 12 months I know I’ll be lucky to get 50% of money back on upgrades , so make it a no go zone.

Maybe wait for more 410’s to hit the second hand market, but in my eyes not as good looking as the 380.

hmmmmm I think Lotus need to produce some new models ;) 

Don’t forget the performance enhancing black frontage on the 380 Cup front....and the equally “go faster” front access panel pinstriping😉 - she is a looker and probably the best looking of the bunch, but I still personally think the 380 Sport is better looking than the 430 Cup.😎

7A886ACE-FCFC-4087-9E7A-B9E35EB7BC1C.jpeg

I’m still happy with mine but went through the same deliberating as detailed above when ordering🙄

23EAED05-888B-4BC5-82FE-805AD534830F.jpeg

• Like 1

Cheers Dan - it was the colour I always had in my head for a 380 Sport. There are only 2 in this colour and it wasn’t until I saw the other one at B&C back in Feb that I knew for certain - I bloody love the colour as it changes so much😎 Whether light or dark.....it’s  so different.

Funny thing is I saw a 430 Cup in Fire Red (pic below) and I don’t like it nearly as much - weird....I think it’s maybe the front🤔 It works best (all down to opinion though) on the Sport and the Cup models work better with other colours. As for the 380 Cup..... I can only see that car in Essex Blue👌

38524FD5-1DD1-4FD4-AA1D-289512D20F59.jpeg

Seen the 380 in E blue, very understated. Doesn't look right, these cars are extreme cars, they need to be extreme colours in my opinion. Like all other supercars

Colours are always subjective “ one mans meat is another mans poison “ is so true but i do think with Lotus, brighter and more colourful on certain models works the best 

My Old 380 Sport In Kawasaki Green with all the optional Carbon Fibre was a fantastic head turner particularly at slower speeds with the exhaust open. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dan.G said:

Seen the 380 in E blue, very understated. Doesn't look right, these cars are extreme cars, they need to be extreme colours in my opinion. Like all other supercars

I think I like it in Blue purely because I was so taken by the launch photos - it looked amazing in those pics😳👏👏👌

But I do agree the big spoiler Exige models do suit the more ballsy colours!!😎

E76A0D54-BE60-4AE6-B28A-4025CA5C7961.jpeg

Top left. Stunning picture. Regardless of colour. You need to replicate that with your fancy red colour, drooling.

• Haha 1

Best I can do - similar angle at least....but a fancy Ferrari in the background instead of a fancy house😉

FCBB5569-0788-46B1-95FB-43C373AE89AA.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tex said:

My Old 380 Sport In Kawasaki Green with all the optional Carbon Fibre was a fantastic head turner particularly at slower speeds with the exhaust open. 

After my road trip through Europe a week or so ago I can 1001% agree with the above comment. Every stop some one wanted either a photo or a sit in side. If I had 1€ for every mother that took a picture of their kids in the drivers seat I’d be rich. 

Also of note was that parked nexted to “Exotica” the Exige got more attention, it’s just such a rare and astoundingly good looking car... the what is it? where is it from? questions were amazing. I think Lotus need to up their advertising in Europe.

And of course, as per Colin’s post, the enforced slow speeds, ex valve open through the small Swiss towns Was a head turner.

Cheers

• Like 1

This is what has drawn my attention to lotus, I do keep looking at porkers, r8s etc, but then I look back at the lotus and think none of them look at good, are as rare (100 r8s for sale vs 2/3 380s) and the main thing is that nothing else got under my skin as much when driving the 380

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DJW said:

I need to put my windscreen wiper in the middle of the screen 

can we even do that? i'd be curious to try it out

Here is a walkaround of the 380 cup in essex blue with the roof off 😎

• Like 1