free hit
counters
I was told that I should "wing it" and finally I have! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I was told that I should "wing it" and finally I have!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in April of 2016 I acquired a GTE-style rear wing from @Kalli when he was at the end of his pink period. I wasn't quite ready to do anything at that time so the wing was put into storage in

3 coats of lacquer later and..........IT'S ON!!!!!!!!

FTFY - I don't remember giving permission for my exclusivity to be compromised!!!! Seriously, good choice - best colour out there. It could be worse - at least you're in East Lothian. The last L

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Top job David. Will look the nuts

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I like the body coloured uprights, must be the only wing with brake light and gurney flap? The cf ones had either a brake/no gurney  or  no brake/gurney.

Cant wait for the after pictures!

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the finished outcome as I'll be putting one on my laser blue car in the next couple of months

I might go for an all-blue paint job on mine though - we cant have 2 laser blue Evora's with GT rumps in the Lothians!  😂

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
59 minutes ago, SH said:

we cant have 2 laser blue Evora's with GT rumps in the Lothians!  😂

Oh yes you can!

image.jpeg.ed42932e0ff7e29f9cbe2b8ee3e14cf6.jpeg

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

4 hours ago, SH said:

Looking forward to seeing the finished outcome as I'll be putting one on my laser blue car in the next couple of months

I might go for an all-blue paint job on mine though - we cant have 2 laser blue Evora's with GT rumps in the Lothians!  😂

Where do these wings come from please guys? 

And Laser blue is such a great colour... 

I miss my S2 SC Exige... in Laser Blue with the MY10 style rear wing! 

17 minutes ago, pete757 said:

Where do these wings come from please guys? 

And Laser blue is such a great colour... 

I miss my S2 SC Exige... in Laser Blue with the MY10 style rear wing! 

Drop Junks a message - he picked up the surplus CF ones from the factory and he should have a couple left.  

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/profile/8325-junks/

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, SH said:

..................we cant have 2 laser blue Evora's in the Lothians!  😂

FTFY - I don't remember giving permission for my exclusivity to be compromised!!!! :P

Seriously, good choice - best colour out there. It could be worse - at least you're in East Lothian. The last Laser Blue Evora to muscle-in on my territory was only about 5 miles along the road from me, wasn't it @The Lotus Position ? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

Jeez, you guys are so serious and helpful.

I'd have said the wings came from the Colonel and left it at that.

image.jpeg.391e16028efdfc86a9de5a85be4cee9b.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, pete757 said:

As a retired pilot, I need wings mate!

Also, can't 'pull' like the Colonel obviously could at my age! 

Lol, just twist that piloty moustache of yours and flash the uniform and they will fall at your feet! It was the BOAC way wasn't it?

Bah humbug! BOAC... BA...

No way! Poor ladies!!!

As for the moustache, if I had one, I would gladly relocate any of that hair to my skull!!

Anyway. More importantly... how much better is your 410 that your N/A? PM me if you like... please!

Oh Wow that looks amazing!  I really like the way you have only used the laser blue on the uprights and kept the wing black.

How hard is it to fit the wing?  Apart from your rear light mod was there any modification required to fit it?

Also as its a Lotus Motorsport part, I guess that generates downforce as apposed to  just drag? Any ideas of how much downforce and if anything needs to be done to the front to keep the balance correct?

• Thanks 1
  • Gold FFM

It's probably best done as a two-man job to keep it steady but I managed it single-handed.

Propped the tailgate open just enough to get into the mounting screws with an allen key and laid plenty of soft blankets on the surrounding panels just in case the wing slipped. On the subject of the screws, they're a different size from the OE ones - M8 rather than M6 but all the holes in the bodywork and mounting plates are slightly oversize anyway so no drilling required. Apart from that, less than 10 minutes and it was 'job done', :) .

I'm reckoning on a fair bit of downforce, judging by the highly cambered inverted aerofoil section that is clearly visible with the end-plates off. I've not had a chance to calculate even roughly what levels it's likely to be but I'm working on a front splitter which I'll be taking through various stages of development over the coming months.

For now I've fitted a deformable rubber lip to the existing 'chin' which you can see in the frontal shots. As the airspeed increases, so it should dip down further and further and so create an increasing downforce at the front. When I get back from my trip to Hethel via Spain I'll rig it up with some sensors to measure the deflection angles against speed, and also take some airflow and pressure readings from above and below the rear wing then use the results to design a permanent version of the front splitter, possibly incorporating some 'active technology' if I can keep the weight down to 2-3 kgs maximum.

I'm signing-off now as I've already divulged too much information on this secret 'Skunk Works' project, :rolleyes: :lol: .

Wowza crikey! deforming splitter and active areo!   I was expecting a bit of ply wood sellotaped to the front bumper.  Thats some serious high level modding going on.  What an interesting project please keep us informed with the progress,  I certainly would love to know more about it.

• Gold FFM

I might as well have just used some plywood and sellotape - one enormous unseen dip (for that read "Grand Canyon replica") on a French back road encountered at an 'enthusiastic' rate of knots and the rubber splitter is no more, 😢. Got a nice scrape on the bottom of the bumper too and when I went back to retrieve the displaced aero, it had vanished somewhere into the Aube scenery. 

What I have learned though is that it must have been having some effect as the car now feels decidedly nose-light at motorway speeds so it will be interesting to try again and this time get some data on it.