free hit
counters
Heated seats - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I've only just remembered today that I haven't yet tested the heated seats in my 2011 Evora s which I have had for a few weeks now. 

When pressing either the driver or passenger heated seat button, nothing seems to light up and after 5 minutes I couldn't feel any heat coming through. The temperature was around 14 degrees on the car computer. 

Should the buttons light up when they are pressed and do the seats only heat below a certain temperature?

Many thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, button lit as long as they're on and it only takes a minute until you should be able to feel the heat. 

Not sure if there's a separate fuse you could check if the lights don't come on?

• Like 1

Check fuses C39 and C40 in the passenger footwell fuse panel. If those are fine, check the 2 relays in the same area along the right-hand side of the relay block. Middle and bottom relays are for heated seats.

If all those are present and fine, then it's possible heated seats didn't get enabled in your ECU. TechCentre is needed to turn that feature on, otherwise the EMS won't ever send the on signal. See this thread for more details.

fuses.PNG

relays.PNG

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for the reply. I have checked the fuses and they tested fine. The relays also look to be in good shape. I have noticed the boot release button doesn't open the boot either (even with the ignition on and the engine off). 

The seller did say that the heated seats worked so should already be enabled in the ECU. 

Any further thoughts would be really appreciated. 

Thanks!

Handbrake also need to be on for boot release to work :thumbup:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Handbrake also need to be on for boot release to work :thumbup:

Hand brake was on but thanks for the suggestion. 😉

Edited by pkn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pkn said:

I have noticed the boot release button doesn't open the boot either (even with the ignition on and the engine off). 

Do all of the other switches in that little panel work ok? If not, that’s where your problem might lie. 

Edited to add: Ah, I see that you might have answered my question in your other thread. 

8 minutes ago, 21gg said:

You can just swap the leads over to the adjacent row of switches to prove if its the switches or wiring.

Gav

That's a great troubleshooting tip Gav - many thanks!

• Like 1