free hit
counters
Faulty switch panel assembly - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

It looks like I have a faulty switch assembly as the heated seats and boot release don't work. The fuses tested fine and the relays are seated etc. I think the next step would be to replace the assembly (part number A132M0229F). 

Has anyone had a faulty switch assembly before and how difficult is it to replace it?

Many thanks for any advice!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It’s pretty straight forward once you’ve got the trim piece out. 

From memory, the trim piece around the headunit has 3 ‘christmas tree’ fasteners: one in the top left, one top right and one bottom right. If you’ve got a headunit with a fold down facia, fold it down to get better access. Then, gently pry away in the 3 areas above (ideally with a trim release tool). Once the trim piece is off, disconnect the 3 connectors for the hazard switch and 2 switch clusters. After that, replacing a dead switch cluster is simply a case of removing a couple of screws. The reinstallation is the opposite of above. 

(Before you order the new part, I suggest that you remove the trim piece first and double check that all the connectors are attached properly). 

PS I’ve just seen the price for the switch assembly on Deroure - £102 (+ VAT)!!! Woah. Before you spend that, I can suggest some secondhand options. 

• Like 1

@21gg has just suggested a really good ‘problem solving’ option in your other thread. 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

@21gg has just suggested a really good ‘problem solving’ option in your other thread. 👍

Cheers Jonny, it was indeed a really good tip 👍

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

PS I’ve just seen the price for the switch assembly on Deroure - £102 (+ VAT)!!! Woah. Before you spend that, I can suggest some secondhand options. 

Yeah, I was surprised at the cost of a simple set of switches. I had a look on eBay but there is no used parts available but if you know of any other sources, I would be very interested Jonny - thanks.  

Trim panel is quite easy to get off using a couple trim tools.   Just get a lever behind and slowly prise it off. There are 4 clips to undo, circled in red on the attached photo.  

I had the radio replaced on my car and the radio fitters mashed the connector plug for the glove box switch back in the socket.  One of the pins was bent out of shape and not making contact hence the switch did not work. 

Used some thin pliers to bend the pin back in shape and reconnected everything and clicked the trim panel back in place.

9B1262B8-4C24-422B-864D-4A713E9BD378.jpeg

Edited by electro_boy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, electro_boy said:

Trim panel is quite easy to get off using a couple trim tools.   Just get a lever behind and slowly prise it off. There are 4 clips to undo, circled in red on the attached photo.  

I had the radio replaced on my car and the radio fitters mashed the connector plug for the glove box switch back in the socket.  One of the pins was bent out of shape and not making contact hence the switch did not work. 

Used some thin pliers to bend the pin back in shape and reconnected everything and clicked the trim panel back in place.

9B1262B8-4C24-422B-864D-4A713E9BD378.jpeg

That's really helpful Jairaj - thanks very much. The dealer I bought the car from has kindly put an order in for a replacement switch which he will post to me. They seem to be on back order though so might take a while.

I have one that I bought new and had little use before I removed it and put it in my draw.  So if you get stuck, give me a shout. Where in the UK are you?

Gav 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2018 at 20:32, 21gg said:

I have one that I bought new and had little use before I removed it and put it in my draw.  So if you get stuck, give me a shout. Where in the UK are you?

Gav 

Thanks Gav, I'm in N. Ireland but got it sorted. I ordered some trim tools and removed the aluminium fascia this afternoon to check the wiring for the switch panel and it had become disconnected, so easy fix. 

Thanks to everyone for your help with this. I have to say this is one of the most friendly and helpful car forums I have ever used. 

• Like 2