free hit
counters
2ZZ Supercharger pulley - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've changed mine to a 3" from Really Light Stuff on my CUP260. Worked great! But I also change the intercooler to a larger one, also from Really Light Stuff. Anything smaller, just generates heat. The supercharger gets spun out of its efficiency envelope. I also had Jim's 2bular DT3 de-cat system and then 525-550 cc injectors are really needed. That makes a great package.

Thanks for your input.  I'm thinking along the lines of 77mm (3inch) along with a larger alternator pulley to slow that down and reduce any extra stress on it.

A possible concern is that being an SC Elise, there is no intercooler but that should only effect air intake temps, not engine temps...right?

• 4 months later...
On 25/09/2018 at 13:54, slartibardfarst said:

Thanks for your input.  I'm thinking along the lines of 77mm (3inch) along with a larger alternator pulley to slow that down and reduce any extra stress on it.

A possible concern is that being an SC Elise, there is no intercooler but that should only effect air intake temps, not engine temps...right?

I fell asleep on this reply...sorry for that.

Intake temperature directly effects engine temperature. And there is this pesky thing like the 1st law of thermodynamics, where the more you compress the air (smaller supercharger pulley), the hotter it gets. So, it can spiral out of control very quickly.