free hit
counters
New owner ... Exige Sport 380 - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New owner ... Exige Sport 380

X4 XGE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's stunning, what a car! Welcome :welcome:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes - Owen with the Esprit. R920 DVW.

The Exige has been fabulous so far, everything that I loved about the Esprit, and a little more.

(Edit) It is difficult to explain the emotional connection to these products. It would be a lot easier to buy German and use it every day ... I might even be able to see where I'm going at night! I grappled long and hard with the Lotus vs. Porsche argument, head firmly going for Porsche but the Lotus drives gave me such a grin. It's childish, stupid, and utterly wonderful. Not an easy choice to make but I'm glad I went with heart. The more I drive the car, the more I'm impressed (well, with the exception of new rattles with each 1C change in temperature!) What surprises me more than anything else - hailing from Norfolk, as I do - is how few people know what the car is.

Edited by X4 XGE
  • Like 2

Hi and welcome......

What a lovely colour of blue.....

Crackin motor hope you're enjoying it 

Cheers

G

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Yes, that's right (Williams). They'd had it for a while, I'm not quite sure how the colour came to be.

The blue is interesting: I almost didn't go to look at the car because it does not photograph well in daylight (it washes out in images, which I think this is true of several of the vivid colours).

But does look good in 'real life' ;)

Edited by X4 XGE

Welcome to TLF James. :welcome: 

Car looks great. Hope you thoroughly enjoy it.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

17 hours ago, X4 XGE said:

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes - Owen with the Esprit. R920 DVW.

The Exige has been fabulous so far, everything that I loved about the Esprit, and a little more.

(Edit) It is difficult to explain the emotional connection to these products. It would be a lot easier to buy German and use it every day ... I might even be able to see where I'm going at night! I grappled long and hard with the Lotus vs. Porsche argument, head firmly going for Porsche but the Lotus drives gave me such a grin. It's childish, stupid, and utterly wonderful. Not an easy choice to make but I'm glad I went with heart. The more I drive the car, the more I'm impressed (well, with the exception of new rattles with each 1C change in temperature!) What surprises me more than anything else - hailing from Norfolk, as I do - is how few people know what the car is.

Car is absolutely stunning - ad the spec is bang on. 

I know what you mean with the Porsche head vs heart dilemma. My heart won out too - I chose an Exige over a GT4 - more giggles per gallon, and a significant amount of cash in my back pocket. Happy days! 

Unless you go for a GT product with Porsche I think they are very underwhelming (GTS products possibly excluded)

Would love to see some more pics.

Stunning. Great colour choice!

Welcome James.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Yeah ... it was certainly the 380 that did it for me. I thought that I wanted an Evora but when I saw the 380 and all that carbon, I knew I was in trouble. Drove a lot of cars (Elise Cup cars, Evora, Sport 350 and 380), this just put the biggest smile on my face but they're all fabulous and I would have been close to just as happy in my old Esprit. I don't know if I got a great deal but it seemed like a fair deal and I was happy to buy it. Time will tell if it is the right choice. Everybody seems to like the car, I suppose that's one of the great things about Lotus' products. My wife generally disapproves of such financially ruinous behaviour but even she approved of it when she saw it ;)

• Like 2

Welcome James. Coming to the 70th next weekend?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Pop your name in that thread and we can have your car on our stand :)

Evora NA