free hit
counters
Wierd, Cool, Esprit bumper. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi, Im new here, just bought an Esprit Se 1991. Thinking about doing some mild subtle mods. I found this video. This white Esprit SE has to me  quite awsome front bumper. Is the Anyone who knows anything about it? Video is in french and I do not understand any french. What is your thoughts. 

Edited by ChristianJM

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to TLF Christian. :welcome:

Looks like a modified normal SE bumper to me. Indicator/park light units look larger. Spotlights are a different shape and the ducts to the coolers on the front of the bumper look to be a different shape. I'd hazard a guess that it has been modified by an owner.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Hi there,

It looks like they've used a standard SE bumper, blended/ joined the two together and got rid of join line. They have filled the indicator hole in and replaced it with this dodgy looking clear indicator which looks tacky IMO. The lower bumper/ valance, they have filled the inner opening and then cut a circular hole for fog light. It's neither one thing or the other IMO but that's down to taste. My advise would be not to change your bumper so much otherwise you will devalue your car. If you really want to modify your bumper then try and find another one second hand so you can change back at any time.

Also looking a bit closer at the white car, the gaps between then bumper and the body don't look right to me? I suspect  that it looks better in the video than in the flesh

Personally if I had your car and wanted to modify the bumper, I would take the fog lights out, replace all the mesh with an aluminium type and put a deeper rubber lip on the bottom like the S300 front end.

I hope this helps,

David

PS. If the owner is on here then my apologies, I am not slagging your car off, each to their own on modifying their won cars. I have modified my Esprit but have chosen to keep to what Lotus intended i.e. 2002 conversion. My first Esprit I modified differently and not to everyone's taste