free hit
counters
Compomotive split rims - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wolflyn

Compomotive split rims

It’s a long shot, would anyone have a spare inner rim for a compotive split rim alloy? As one of mine has cracked, or recommend someone who could repair/weld it?

D1D8A920-BB97-4C36-A0A7-60E463DC4EDE.jpeg

E07CF11D-5CD3-4E22-B320-A223EB2B0204.jpeg

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would not even entertain welding that as the crack is pretty much underway and looks like the rest would soon start to crack in other areas.

Plenty of places on the web that will make you brand new ones,  but not many will do the rolled edges like the factory comps of the 80s,  but hardly noticable imo.

May be worth getting 2 made as the machine will be set up for the first one anyway so makes sense.

Ebay also has plenty of used inner and outer barrels,  just put in compomotive and measure yours to see if you can find the same size :)

A

On 18/09/2018 at 01:36, silverfrost said:

I would not even entertain welding that as the crack is pretty much underway and looks like the rest would soon start to crack in other areas.

Plenty of places on the web that will make you brand new ones,  but not many will do the rolled edges like the factory comps of the 80s,  but hardly noticable imo.

May be worth getting 2 made as the machine will be set up for the first one anyway so makes sense.

Thanks, would you recommend anyone? Couldn’t see any on eBay 

Ebay also has plenty of used inner and outer barrels,  just put in compomotive and measure yours to see if you can find the same size :)

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

There is another company in Germany,  who make bespoke dishes,  they are fairly cheap but very good quality according to plenty of folks,  I will search for the name and get back to you,  I think off memory they could also offer the rolled edge ?  

A

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:31, wolflyn said:

It’s a long shot, would anyone have a spare inner rim for a compotive split rim alloy? As one of mine has cracked, or recommend someone who could repair/weld it?

D1D8A920-BB97-4C36-A0A7-60E463DC4EDE.jpeg

E07CF11D-5CD3-4E22-B320-A223EB2B0204.jpeg

One of our my friends has two spares he will be selling. I can get in touch if you want.