free hit
counters
V8 Parts Cross References - Page 5 - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
actwon

V8 Parts Cross References

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Does anyone know the acutal part number for the central locking solenoid? I know it's a vauxhall/opel Calibra but I need the actual part number please?

Dave

hey @ all: It's about the V8 valves. Who knows for which engine it was made for !?

or is it specifically designed (as it seems extremely long for an 6mm stem valve !? Ordinary GM valves with 6mmstem do have an length of around 98mm-102mm ( i think it could be GM, because of the three valve Colet gabs and even the cam followers/tappets are Opel/SAAB/GM parts.)

Also the materials noted in the workshop-book are extremely rare in the standard car production... .

About a year ago I was searching for replacement fuel pumps and with some help from Marcus and Brandit I found those Walbro fuel pumps its part number is GSS340 this is a link to some info about the pump http://shopping.lightningmotorsports.com/c...?productid=2031

I installed it with very small modifications to the plastic holder that holds the pumps in place, and I have lots of pics send me a pm and I will mail them cause they r too big to post in here, just make sure to get very high quality hoses and clams

OK....So I am trying to service the fuel pump(s) on my USA 1997 Lotus Esprit.

I finally figured out how and where it/they are located. I went about pulling it/them out from behind the right sill panel, located just in front of where the ECU was located. Fairly easy to get it/them out.

Here is the issue I have.

First off, most Lotus shops told me I only had 1 pump....when I pulled it out, there are two pumps running in parallel.

Secondly, a few Lotus owners said once you have the pump(s) out of the car, take it to a parts store and they could cross reference the part number and I can buy a less expensive aftermarket unit....seeing as this is just a simple AC Delco/GM item.

Here is my dilemma.

#1 I can't find a cross reference to the part numbers on the pump(s) (numbers listed below)

25168272 2067 84-08 1

- The only number that crosses is #2067. However, that pump doesn't have the same length or connectors.

So, does anybody know what pump(s) I can use? Based on the numbers and photo I provided.

I found the following fuel pumps at AutoZone. They look very similar is size, shape, connection, etc.

Here are the specs:

Part # 3270 80-90 psi 50-60gph

Part # 3271 90-100 psi 55 gph

Part # 3367 100-110 psi 55-65gph

An individual above indicated that a Walbro pump can be used....would I need two of them?

Not sure what the specs are on the Walbro pump you had mentioned...it looks to be about 59 gph.....

Does anybody know the flow rate AND psi of the stock unit(s)?

And could somebody PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY the two pumps sit at different heights in the tank??????

Thanks again for any help.

Joel

[email protected]

dual-pumps.jpg

Edited by Joel

ok Joel,

u will need 2 of the wallbro pump, the first pump is the primary one which works all the time ,the second one works only under high demand ,like full throttle and high speed more than 150 mph. The pump provides up to 140 psi and 255 Litre per hour, which is more than enough for the Esprit, I've used it for more than a year under all conditions and didn't have any problems with it so far.

the engine demands from 45-70psi according to the workshop manual ,the flow of the stock pump is 4 Ltr/min which is 240 Ltrs/hr.

I would post some pics but they r too big I will e mail them to u.

Edited by e5pritV8

Thanks for the info on the fuel pump.

But it doesn't make sense about the second pump. The second pump sits considerably higher in the tank....so if the tank is mostly empty, the pump is spinning in mid air?????

Joel

I think you're right !

i recommend: go on track with an nearly empty fuel tank. In fast corners with pedal down you get an engine light, power loss and sometimes the engine goes out - i bet it will :)

(I've got that as i was on the Hockenheimring -it idles and runs normal as soon as we where in the pits again...) :P

no, i think that all have the same. Haven't measured the pump setup in total, bud can imagine that it is slightly bigger than the top hole in the tank. So you need to tilt it a bid while its on its way out. !? That would be an possible reason why it is in different heights ... .

Can anyone x-ref the washer bottle w/ pump, level indicator, bracket, and cap?

Also looking for A/C condensor coils, spare tire, dash vents, boot light switch, and rubber moulding for the fender extentions.

David Teitelbaum

99 Esprit

AC Condensor coil was made by Harrison Radiator. It is custom to Lotus and you cannot buy it direct from Harrison Radiator ( I have tried)

As i have said earlier in an other comment: dashboard vents (the outlets, not the 'handbuild' inner structure..) after '98 are Rover 200/Rover25, or equivalent MG stuff. Have got some for the center unit from an Rover guy who had scraped his car for an other restoration, and the part fits exactly in my Lotus center top dash unit.

http://www.auto-redaktion.de/images/rover-25-11.jpg

spare tire depends on VIN, some Esprit models do have an 175mm wide spare tire, others not. but as it has to be 5 holes on 108 mm diameter it can be some Jaguar or even Renault, or from some Alfa Romeo. Would guess its an ordinary part from those cars !?

Cant say something about the boot light 'switch'. But the lights in boot, front compartement and footwells are from GM -so i get them as Opel parts overhere. Curiosity is that Ford did use the same parts (with 'Ford' label on it and slightly different 'diamont cut' structure in the glass [respective plastic] for my Scorpio in the B post side light :sofa:

Edited by G

Does anyone know the part number and brand for the V8 spark plugs? I could pull the old ones out and check but i cant be confident that the correct ones where installed last time.

Thanks

Nick

Hi everyone...I am looking for a little assistance in trying to locate an interior item for a 1998 TT V8. The latch behind the driver that secures the top is broken and I need to replace it. Does anyone know where I can find the correct part? Hopefully there is some type of cross reference to another car that will fit the application.

Thanks

HI ALL,

I HAVE JUST FITTED A REPLACEMENT IGNITION COIL TO MY V8 IT IS MANUFACTURED BY STANDARD MOTOR PARTS EUROPE LTD (BASED IN NOTTINGHAM) SMP PART No. 12598. HERES THE GOOD PART!!! IT COMES WITH A FULL MANUFACTURERS WARRANTEE, COSTS

Ignition & Fuel Pump relay (AMR 1088) is difficult to find in the US but it also fits Range Rover - Try Range Rover North in Vermont.

any standard double contact [87b] relay that holds 30A (or more) should fit . By the way, only one of those brown (with changed specification regarding those service informations) would need an double contact. As the other relay does not have all contacts in the socket wired up... . So there is always an spare , and you can swap the other with an single contact type (as long as that does have the higher Amp. rate)

• Like 1

more news from the German Scrap-yard/*parts cross reference* front.

An momentarily happened government action called "Abwrackpr

Edited by G

OK - so I have some experience with a couple of things on my 97 V8 car and I thought many of you may be interested.

TOPICS:

1. Fuel Pumps

2. Overheating

- Header Tank

3 Thermostat

4. Turbo Actuators

5. Oil Filter

TOPIC #1:

I can confirm that the following pumps work in a V8 Esprit.

The pumps were purchased at Autozone and are the exact same size, shape and have the same connections, etc.

The both pumps cost me about $65 US dollars.

I will try to scan the box the pump(s) came in so you can cross reference it out of the country.

I found the pump by looking through the "in-store" paper catalog of fuel pumps until we found ones that looked similar. Then we pulled the pumps from inventory and compared each in-person at the counter. A few hours later my Lotus was running with new pumps.

Here are the Numbers & specs:

Part # 3270 80-90 psi 50-60gph

Part # 3271 90-100 psi 55 gph

Part # 3367 100-110 psi 55-65gph

TOPIC #2

My Lotus was running fine and one day with NO WARNING the car's temperature shot up into the red and it spilled coolant on the ground. We did the normal stuff like cleaning out the radiator, bleeding out the air from the system, etc and didn't find anything.

Ultimately what we found was that the headertank in the engine bay had failed. What I mean by failed was that the two outlets near the top corroded and blocked themselves shut. I'm not sure if this is what other people experience when their headertanks fail (I assumed they always meant the plastic tank broke). After unblocking the two lines on the headertank and rebleeding the system - THE CAR RUNS FINE!

So my suggestion is that anybody that owns one of these cars do a simple procedure on your own. It will take 10 minutes and possibly save you thousands of dollars. Take a straight edge screwdriver and remove the top lines off the header tank (the left and right lines - not the line at the very top). Then take a small screwdriver and insert it into each hole in the header tank and clean out any buildup that has occurred. (Not the best method but at least ANY owner could do this procedure). The proper way is to remove the header tank and clean out any material - reinstall and blled the system (this would prevent debries from getting in the coolant system). However as I said, ANY owner could do it the first way without worring about getting an air pocket in the system.

TOPIC #3

Here is another inexpensive and very very successful procedure for the Lotus.

After cleaning the header tank and doing the following, my V8 runs at 70 to 80 on the temp gauge. Before I was told that the car would run up over 90 and cycle back down (I've never been comfortable with these explanations from other Lotus owners and shops).

So, here goes:

Have a qualified shop replace your thermostat. (Sounds simple right?) Here's the twist...

Before you have the thermostat replaced, take your old thermostat or a new one and disassemble it. Take the entire center section out of the thermostat. What you will have left is basically a round plate with approximately a 1 inch hole in the middle. Then have the shop install this "gutted" thermostat.

NOTE: You cannot just remove the thermostat - you have to have a restrictor in the system to slow down the water flow otherwise the cooling system will not run properly. A gutted (modified) stock thermostat works perfectly. ((( This is a trick we've been doing on our racecars for years, although we use a flat piece of aluminum with a one inch hole )))

Now you will have a cooling system that you will never have to worry about failing because of a $10 thermostat sticking!!!

Your car will run cooler than it ever has.

You won't have to waste your money on an "upgraded" larger radiator

You will have plenty of heat in your car for the interior heating system

The car warms up just fine and runs perfectly within the correct operating temperature

Your fans will not constantly be cycling on and off.

Simply put, this is a very inexpensive insurance policy for your engine...it always bothered me that a $10 thermostat could possibly cause so much damage if it fails.....now I don't worry about it anymore! And for those of you who are skeptics - FYI: every and I mean every Taxi-cab and virtually every rental car in Nevada & Florida run with no thermostats in the summer months!!!!

thermostat.gif

TOPIC #4

I can confirm that the Turbo actuators on the V8 can be replaced with a set of aftermarket units from FORGE.

They are a complete bolt-on and no modifications are required.

Tools required: jack, jack stand (for safety), needle nose pliers (to remove the clamp on the hoses), 10mm socket (for the driver bolts and the lower passenger bolt) and 10mm deep socket with extension for the top passenger bolt, small screwdriver to remove the retaining clip on the shaft.

To replace the driver side actuator you will need to remove and replace the oil filter (it is in the way).

To replace the passenger side actuator, you don't need to remove anything else but the actuator.

I suggest adding a cotter-pin the the end of the wastegate shaft as added protection after the retaining C-clip is reinstalled

Total the job should take about an hour!

They are very inexpensive and serviceable. I purchased them through our shop - the set of two cost ONLY around $350 for BOTH!!!

If anybody needs the information on ordering these, send me an email or PM (my PMS always seem to be filled so use my email).

forge.jpg

TOPIC #5

I can confirm that a K&N Oil Filter part # HP-2004 will fit the V8 car. Cost $12 US

A special note is that makes this oil filter nice to service is that the oil filter has a 1 " nut welded on the bottom of it so that it can be removed the next time you service it and it is pre-drilled for safety wire (for those that like the extra security)

HP-2004.jpg

Hope all this info helps!!!

Joel

emailaddress.gif

If you search and compare Mahle OC18 you will find other cross-reference oil filer, and cars who use them. QH, Mahle, Knecht Mann and so on. Most of them have an bypass valve , and some of them are under 8 Euros !!

Always useful to get cross-reference info - thanks for sharing.

A word of caution on the thermostat mod that you suggest. This may be fine for hot climates, where running temperatures are guaranteed to be high, but would not be recommended for cars running in cooler climates. Running without the thermostat body and a large open appature in cooler ambient temperatures could mean that your engine is will to be running at below its desired operating temperature; This is not healthy for the engine.

The thermostat is there for a reason and although routinely omitted on race cars, it regulates the operating temperature on road cars.

Cheers,

Mike S

Edited by mike_sekinger

Does anyone know a cross for the Flap Actuation Stepper Motor? This is the stepper motor that sits near the DERM on V8 and controls the direction of the air (from upper vents to lower vents)