free hit
counters
Older Evora wanted £27k max budget - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
justsquiffy

Older Evora wanted £27k max budget

Hi everyone,

having wet my appetite for Lotus having owned a VX220 in the past (yes I know it has a vauxhall badge), and also visiting the factory and seeing some built, I am looking for my first 'real' lotus and I am ready to buy into an Evora.

Having had a look around I know £27k isn't a lot, but i am hoping it will buy me an 09/10 reg car with sub 45k miles. Please let me know if you are looking to sell one. I am based in Bedfordshire, very close to the M1,

Any pointers on buying one, things to watch out for is also appreciated!

Cheers

Neil

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Neil. :welcome:

Have you had a look in the Classifieds? Link is at the top of the page. You just have to register again. Separate system to TLF.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Hello Neil and welcome 

I am a recent lotus owner just over 6 months now and I had been looking around for some 6 months prior to my ownership.

i factored into my budget around £29k for a sub 40k car and to be honest that was pushing the limit as you may have to sacrifice an odd requirement or prepared to travel across the UK if your quick enough to secure the car of choice ?

i also paid premium to buy from lotus dealership so I gained some level of cover just in case !

however you might get lucky and a current owner on this forum might sell so you get a good history and cherish example  ?

good luck 

Hi @Cdm2018,

Thanks and congrats on your purchase. I have potentially seen one but it is without warranty etc. So a bit of a risk. Fingers crossed something will come up, trying my best to be patient, which i'm not very good at!

Hi Neil 

I recently went through that very process and was in the same  budget area. I got mine about 3 weeks ago and am very happy, they are great cars. I bought privately because he had the colour spec etc i wanted, so to take away some of the uncertainty i paid to get it checked at a local (to him) Lotus dealer. I ended up with a pda report on the car together with costings to put anything right, which was really useful. 

Im not far from you if you want a chat and look at mine etc. Also Silverstone Lotus have an open day on Saturday where I am sure you will find plenty of advice.

Happy hunting!

1 hour ago, robington said:

Also Silverstone Lotus have an open day on Saturday where I am sure you will find plenty of advice.

Hi Neil, if you do go to Lotus Silverstone, they have my old green NA for sale that I traded in a few weeks ago (for a 400), been a good reliable car for the 3 years I owned it. A little over your budget but try haggling if you like the colour of course.

Edited by Geoffers

Ok thanks for telling me, i'll try to get along if I can. I'm due in Northampton on Saturday so i'm not far. @Geoffers your old one looks nice but green isn't really my colour, but cheers for the heads up. I expect if i pick one up at my price it will need a bit of work within the first 12 months of ownership. Some good deals come up, but it looks like you need to be quick, otherwise the market looks quite slow, it sounds like in some cases the cars take up to 6 months to sell.

Ok thanks for telling me, i'll try to get along if I can. I'm due in Northampton on Saturday so i'm not far. @Geoffers your old one looks nice but green isn't really my colour, but cheers for the heads up. I expect if i pick one up at my price it will need a bit of work within the first 12 months of ownership. Some good deals come up, but it looks like you need to be quick, otherwise the market looks quite slow, it sounds like in some cases the cars take up to 6 months to sell.