free hit
counters
Schroth Harnesses - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Tex

Schroth Harnesses

Looking for a bit of help !!!

I am  looking to have  Scroth Harnesses fitted to my Cup.

I have an A frame factory fit bar with Airbag delete, but dealer thinks that the seat belts may need permanently removing so as not to foul the seat sliding and has quoted 2 hours for fitting 

This is not really an option for me as I do really need to keep the seat belts and in any case i would have thought it could invalidate something or other, if not illegal.

I have seen Alex’s 430 but it has an aftermarket harness bar and he has kept the belts, also the Orange 380 Cup at Silverstone has belts and also the A frame .

Any advice would be much appreciated 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

For sure it’s possible to run seat belts and harnesses. This is what I’ve done previously.

You can get a spacer kit. I think msar may still sell them. Dan at HPE made me something using longer bolts and washers which worked perfect for me.

46 minutes ago, alias23 said:

You can get a spacer kit. I think msar may still sell them. 

The sector111 kit doesn’t fit the revised seat runners in 2018 cars, well most is not needed.

Mine fitted with removal of springs and adding spring washers. The revised seat runners make it easy to fit IMO than the old seats that needed the sector111 kit to keep both running.

Mine is on the same runners as yours, harnesses and belts retained. Full seat travel. 

Shoulder strap mounting has nothing to do with lap belt mounting, so fine with the vforce bar, motorsport bar or a frame.

Can get pics of mounting points with both belts if needed

Edited by MrP_

8 hours ago, MrP_ said:

The sector111 kit doesn’t fit the revised seat runners in 2018 cars, well most is not needed.

Mine fitted with removal of springs and adding spring washers. The revised seat runners make it easy to fit IMO than the old seats that needed the sector111 kit to keep both running.

Mine is on the same runners as yours, harnesses and belts retained. Full seat travel. 

Shoulder strap mounting has nothing to do with lap belt mounting, so fine with the vforce bar, motorsport bar or a frame.

Can get pics of mounting points with both belts if needed

Hi Paul,

Thanks for confirming, any pics would be appreciated as dealer has not fitted any to the revised seat runner cars , so any assistance would be great 👍🏽 

I have both as well, but it was done by a garage .. but definitely possible ..

Yes I can’t see that it is Rocket Science but I guess there may be some requirement for additional spacers.

I have both in my 2105 V6, bit tight but it can be done

Much appreciated for all the input 👍🏽

Well pics of the assembly is not going to happen, it's all too tight, but heres some proof that both seatbelts and harnesses fit and you can go to both extremes of the runners:

a80ksre.jpg

BKhlsBW.jpg

But anyway the new seat runners are here. The difference over previous generations, is all the belt stuff fits between the frames and the seat shell

UabI0nI.jpg

If you look at the below diagram you need to remove bolt 5, take the spring out and replace with the lap belt - the webbing provides enough tension. On the other side remove bolt 8, and either use the spacer from the MSAR kit for a thinner top hat, or remove and space with washers.

It gets tight and you can't rotate much, but it all fits and the MSAR/Sector111 kit is pretty redundant with the revised seat frames

duqEeJa.jpg

MSAR kit is here and you can see the thinner top hat spacers, see it athttps://www.msar.co.uk/harness-fittings/harness-hardware-kit-lotus-elise-exige-340r.html

s111-lotus-elise-harness-installation-ki

Greatly appreciated ,

Regards Colin

1. Although the Schroth are available from Lotus itself my Schroth papers say they're not street legal/approved for the Exige V6. So it makes sense to have both fitted. And for a short distance drive I prefer not using my Schroth.

2. You can simply fit both harnesses by removing the washers and springs and fill the place (if needed) with smaller washers.

Foto:  https://ibb.co/kobLWp

Edited by ArthouseCompany

1 hour ago, ArthouseCompany said:

2. You can simply fit both harnesses by removing the washers and springs and fill the place (if needed) with smaller washers.

Foto:  https://ibb.co/kobLWp

That’s with the older subframes, this has changed to a caged design above, with all of the belts sitting between the frame and seat on all 4 pickup points.  

2 hours ago, MrP_ said:

That’s with the older subframes, this has changed to a caged design above, with all of the belts sitting between the frame and seat on all 4 pickup points.  

Yes i think that is correct as newer Exiges have the Evora type runners

I think dealer has the right info now so going to get them done this week

One point though that I had missed was the fact if you have the Factory fit A frame you are entitled to the Schroth Harnesses in effect free but you need to order them separately, i didn’t and only just realised !!