free hit
counters
Dealer relationship - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dobbin145

Dealer relationship

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Actually just found and read Lotus Service notes. Seems it depends on removal method as to whether you need to loosen the front clam. Wire to cut it out then no. Vibrating knife then yes.

You can change an Evora screen without lifting the clam.  Some windscreen fitters will request that its lifted but in my experience if they haven't got the confidence to do the job without lifting the calm then they don't have the skill to do the job properly anyway so its best to get a different one!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Randy. The job was done under warranty by my dealer so no idea who actually did it and how. I was not there as stated the car was left with the dealer for 4 days.

Never once have I said nor intimated this car has been in Hofmanns. The title of the thread is not Hofmanns dealer relationship! The title is Dealer Relationship so I apologise right now if the post was put in the wrong thread. In fact I've been careful not to name any dealer.

If that's tape then its bloody thick tape! In reality it shoukd have been replaced and in no way do I buy that is acceptable on what was a £90k car as opposed to a £10k car. It should NEVER have left in that state as being finished to 100% acceptable quality. End of.

Also you can quite clearly see that actually the missing"tape" is 100% likely to be on the missing windscreen!

To be fair to the dealer, their response to my email and pictures was to apoligise immediately this mornibg. To state they will investigate why this was released back and offer me a discount on a future service.  So at least they recognise this is not right. My frustration is still the inconvenience in having to go 120 miles or so and the time to get it fixed.

I also disagree with your last comment. Not just about Sunday opening but Saturday too for the workshop. My time is really precious so I'd pay extra for weekend service, and as a fair few of these cars are toys it maybe shows that others would and could  too. My working time time during the week is worth more money to me than my weekend time and it is what pays for my toys.  However in no way am I trying to tell you how to run your business. However you are not the only dealer servicing 25% of the land mass in the UK where your customers have no choice but to travel for 60, 80, 100, or 150 miles plus each way to their nearest Lotus dealer.  That changes the equation somewhat I think you will agree.

So to be clear my issues are nothing to do with Hofmanns and treat this as a Hofmanns dealer thread. Maybe the mods can change the title and remove my posts please.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Thanks for your post, much appreciated.  Sorry I'm not nearer and can't offer you more direct help with your problems.  I'm very interested to hear your comments about opening times.  At our place we tend to keep the workshop Monday-Friday normal hours then the showroom and service open Saturday and close up Sunday but then we will collect and deliver and often accommodate after hours for collection and pick up where we can.  Lots of customers have to travel a distance and, like you have said, that makes 'fix it first time' so much more important.

@C8RKH just like you like your weekends off unfortunately so do decent technicians (modern word for mechanics), they are hard enough to employ & then keep employed. I’m not of course saying that they’re not working on Saturday’s, just not working for the garage that employs them.

A very good old school mechanic/technician that my boss employs for our machinery, has just finished rebuilding/refitting Oliver’s* back axle so that it could take part in some filming this week. Working at Hammond’s place most Saturday’s for the last few weeks, won’t work for us though on a Saturday.

*Oliver - an ancient Opel brought back from Botswana a few years ago by Hammond/Top Gear

• Love 1

@2GOOD I never once said my demand was a reasonable one!  The industry will need to change and working patterns will change with it. it's coming. We're all going to be in the same boat eventually and in no way was i expecting the same techs to work 7 days a week. They can have Monday's off! Nothing much ever happens on a Monday anyway.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

@2GOOD I never once said my demand was a reasonable one!  The industry will need to change and working patterns will change with it. it's coming. We're all going to be in the same boat eventually and in no way was i expecting the same techs to work 7 days a week. They can have Monday's off! Nothing much ever happens on a Monday anyway.

Nothing much happens on a Monday except for the cars sold over the weekend by the sales staff that have worked both days of the weekend & want them delivered!

There’s no such thing as a quiet day, although I do remember that many years ago, a lad that I went to school with got a job as a mechanic at the Austin Rover dealership that I was working at as a salesman. Got chatting & he’d done an apprenticeship at the local Honda dealer, afterwards he’d got bored of just doing service work, felt he’d learn a lot more working on the Austin Rover products...😀

• Haha 1