free hit
counters
Tyre pressure monitoring system - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I used to have a similar issue, and I read this elsewhere:

'Try deflating the tyres until they are fairly low, then re-inflate to correct pressure.'

Light disappeared, all pressures are good, and has been all OK for almost a year.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a TMPS machine and the sensors from China don't work using the Evora settings. They do work if you set the machine to SAAB so its not an activation issue. I can code blank  sensors for the

They are sealed units. Once the battery is dead, the entire unit has to be replaced.  It is an old GM/SAAB part, which can still be sourced from the USA. 

They won’t last for long. I think that 8 years is already beyond their design life. You’ll be better off buying a fresh, new set. If you run a search on here, you should be able to find the old G

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, Lukeyboy2k said:

I used to have a similar issue, and I read this elsewhere:

'Try deflating the tyres until they are fairly low, then re-inflate to correct pressure.'

Light disappeared, all pressures are good, and has been all OK for almost a year.

I read this too might try it today I assume delflate to low teens psi ? 

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Lukeyboy2k said:

Yes, I took them down to about 10psi.

I just done the above and then reinflated to the same psi as it’s corresponding tyre.

put ignition on to check display but not driven the car and it’s still flashing and warning light was on.

maybe after a couple of journeys it might correct itself ? I will take Evora this evening to my camera club meeting a 15min journey but no long journey planned for a few weeks just short 20 -30 min school runs !

Get a small spanner and try tightening the valve at the base where it is attached to the wheel.

I had the exact same issue and repeatedly deflating and reflating the tyre did squat, even after repeated journeys (and with the TPMS stating it was at a higher pressure than the other tyres which weren’t flashing)

Its’s got to be worth 30 seconds of your time?

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Jovver said:

Get a small spanner and try tightening the valve at the base where it is attached to the wheel.

I had the exact same issue and repeatedly deflating and reflating the tyre did squat, even after repeated journeys (and with the TPMS stating it was at a higher pressure than the other tyres which weren’t flashing)

Its’s got to be worth 30 seconds of your time?

Cheers I will try that method otherwise I am going to get some mates who are Mercedes mechanics to try to clear the code of the dash ? 

Check out the last post in this thread for aftermarket sensors if you need replacements.  I couldn't get the Schrader originals other than from Lotus (at a price).  The Tyresure ones (from Ebay) worked a treat.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/79007-fitting-tpms-valves/?page=4