free hit
counters
Dellorto Rebuild project settings - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Ciridean

Dellorto Rebuild project settings

Hi All: The time has come to rebuild my carbs on my 85 Esprit Turbo U.S spec. I was able to remove the carbs by pulling the entire manifold off with them, much easier than trying to reach the nuts underside, as they turn, slowly, slowly then hit the engine, aaarghhh. Anyway, I am paying someone to rebuild them as the other options did not fix my running problems. Does anyone know what the:

1. Idle mixture screw settings are

2. The float settings

3. The float drops are supposed to be?

He needs this info before the rebuild. I looked through the site but could not find it, plus in my Wes Hammil book but  I assume these settings are specific to the model. Many thanks in advance. Lee

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 24/09/2018 at 06:14, Ciridean said:

Hi All: The time has come to rebuild my carbs on my 85 Esprit Turbo U.S spec. I was able to remove the carbs by pulling the entire manifold off with them, much easier than trying to reach the nuts underside, as they turn, slowly, slowly then hit the engine, aaarghhh. Anyway, I am paying someone to rebuild them as the other options did not fix my running problems. Does anyone know what the:

1. Idle mixture screw settings are

2. The float settings

3. The float drops are supposed to be?

He needs this info before the rebuild. I looked through the site but could not find it, plus in my Wes Hammil book but  I assume these settings are specific to the model. Many thanks in advance. Lee

Hi Lee. depending on which floats you have the following might help.

Float gap on 10G floats are 17mm.

Fuel level in chamber for 10G floats. 27mm.

This may also help you out.

https://www.theapplebyclan.com/Richard/Tiger Super6/Useful info/Dellorto/

Hi ,

about float setting :

You may  consider  handing over the info in this link to your mecanic:

http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/1048-setting-dhla-dellorto-dellorto-float-fuel-level/

I used this method to set the floatlevel of my dhla carbs ( esprit s2.2 ) years ago when I refurbed the carbs myself, and a month ago, I inspected this setting ( still spot on) . The car always pulled clean, without hesitation.

Edited by gvy

14.5 - 15mm float height all turbo variants.

Not seen 'float drop' specified 

There is no 'idle mixture setting'  you are aiming for 0.8% CO hot idle  (good luck....).   For a UK model, I find 3 full turns is a good starting point

Many thanks to all, Geert, John Walsh, and Steve, once again this forum has come through for me.Sorry for the delay in thanking you all  I was out of town for a family semi-emergency, but back now to tackle it.