free hit
counters
Celebrating 21 years with this Old Girl - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
peteyg

Celebrating 21 years with this Old Girl

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Crazy indeed for you and me both! How time flies...

I guarantee ownership wouldn't have been half as good without your efforts on TLF!!

Pete

• Like 2

It's a lovely car and it was an honour to be entrusted with it a few years ago for an all too brief drive when it behaved impeccably. :thumbup:

838789988_IMG_0153(2).jpg.0884740e0979b072682ab331042284ac.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Congrats Pete, 

And what a car , that can entertain you for this long period.

I know the feeling. I own my 1970 opel GT since 1990 ( 28 years )  and I am not gonna sell the Esprit S2.2 ( own it for about 7 or 8 years now) The Esprit is way more entertaining to drive and always attracts positive comments.

Really love the current colour of your car by the way. Did you never consider the original S2 striping and ESPRIT S2  side and nose decals ? I find the S2 striping the most elegant of all esprits. Not over the top but still best place to put the lines. A bit 70ties may be. 

Edited by gvy

2 hours ago, gvy said:

Really love the current colour of your car by the way. Did you never consider the original S2 striping and ESPRIT S2  side and nose decals ? I find the S2 striping the most elegant of all esprits. Not over the top but still best place to put the lines. A bit 70ties may be. 

Thanks Geert! It never had the pinstripe when I bought it but then it had been resprayed in various shades of red 6 times. I still have the replacement decals but after the blue respray I kind of liked the clean look without the stickers. Sometimes i think I ought to put them back on, but then again...

image.thumb.jpeg.b8bd3b4ccd2d11aab2a23a21573be48f.jpeg

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Advantage said:

School Report: Makes friends and plays with others easily. :D

That was Brands Hatch 2013 , epic esprit Time line

On the circuit , you were next to mine. I have this picture printed out big and I poured it in epoxy recently ( It is placed above the screen in my hometheatre/mancave😁)

57277_Lotus-Festival-2013-4_1024x429

and another one......with the owners

58737_Lotus-Festival-2013-7_1024x683

Geert

Edited by gvy
  • Like 1

They look exactly like the photos i took on that day. 

Did you share pictures on the www. ?

I have pictures , I took myself that day ( I am next to my car in the last picture but my brother in law took pictures ) and I may have collected pictures I found online. So I really don't remember who shot above pictures.

I remember a lot of people photographing from the same spots, when the cars were on the circuit.

Do you have high res pics, because the ones I have are not. (1024*683)

Geert

Still looks great Pete - I still say the S2 is the best looking Esprit in all original form. Especially with Chocolate Velour/Marasite and those Speedlines  :thumbup: BTW................Its 24 years for me and mine now...................

Edited by nello
  • Like 2

It is amazing to see how the shape of these cars still holds its own with other cars.

On 25/09/2018 at 21:30, gghc87 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b8bd3b4ccd2d11aab2a23a21573be48f.jpeg

Looks incredible Pete!

Some great photos there Peter.  I think after a certain time the cars become part of us. I now when I got 165H back it was truely like bring reconnect with an old friend. Congrats on the 21st Anniversary, if a little belated.

• Like 1