free hit
counters
front arch vents - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
stratosboy

front arch vents

also posted above in Elise/Exige section.

does anyone know where I might get a pair of fibreglass vents to bond into my Motorsport Elise project? - I specifically want the same type of vents as on the new Elise/Exige front clams, as below:

I've seen other versions like the Transforged ones, but don't want to go that way.

Lotus_Exige_Cup_430_06.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
17 hours ago, stratosboy said:

also posted above in Elise/Exige section.

does anyone know where I might get a pair of fibreglass vents to bond into my Motorsport Elise project? - I specifically want the same type of vents as on the new Elise/Exige front clams, as below:

I've seen other versions like the Transforged ones, but don't want to go that way.

Having had 2 products from Transforged which have failed, I'd suggest avoiding their products.  They look nice, but the engineering behind them is quite suspect.

21 hours ago, C8RKH said:

They are part of the clam mould so I guess buy a new clam.

mmm....not sure I want them that much!

ha ha.... anyone want a brand new Exige clam with two big holes in it?

4 hours ago, 550superfast said:

Would the vents off the evora gt430 fit?

Not for me, but thanks for your suggestion, these sit proud of the clam and look a bit aftermarket, add ons  -  not the look I'm after.

I suppose I'm really wondering if anyone is thinking of making a set of moulds from an existing clam and then producing some sets of these,

I wonder if there may be others who would be up for a set of these?

Saw this at the Lotus 70th event. Appears to be a V6 club racer but with a new front clam with vents in. 

631F2F3D-EBC2-40F9-AD19-C552A65CF15B.jpeg

thanks for this, maybe a whole new front clam, but good to see that someone has done this on a 2015 car (same as mine)

does anyone know who’s car this is?

And the rest!

A standard V6 clam is £5,108.79 + VAT + paint + fitting etc. 

I imagine that the vented 380 clam would be even more. (Deroure lists the price as ‘contact us’) :rofl:

from what I hear some time last year lotus were trying to sell the vented 380 clam to anyone that wanted a front clam as they had stock and were obviously trying to introduce the new style front clam to the production line.

35 minutes ago, Crouchy said:

from what I hear some time last year lotus were trying to sell the vented 380 clam to anyone that wanted a front clam as they had stock and were obviously trying to introduce the new style front clam to the production line.

Yep, I know of one insurance claim where they couldn’t supply the v6 clam for several months so offered the cup clam instead

10 hours ago, MrP_ said:

Yep, I know of one insurance claim where they couldn’t supply the v6 clam for several months so offered the cup clam instead

I think that’s the car in the picture, Lotus couldn’t supply a standard front clam so a 380 cup clam was supplied with all of the fittings for the same price.

The only problem with putting these vents on "after market" is that eventually the bond between the vent and the clam will start to crack.  If you look at the people who have put them on the VX220's they have had these cracking problems.  You can cut out "vents" on the clam (if you are very brave) and they can look good.  I'd be tempted to buy a whole clam though that had the vents properly manufactured in.

Image result for vx220 arch vents