free hit
counters
How is the A-pillar piece fixed? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
WolfgangK

How is the A-pillar piece fixed?

Can somebody tell me how the long, bow-shaped piece running along the A-pillar and along the roofline is fixed? Glued, screwed, clipped?

I have to paint it and it would be easier to handle without the whole car attached to it....

Wolfgang

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you mean the the section that runs up the windscreen, above the door to the rear with a section of silver plastic between it & the body then it's glued & pop riveted. :thumbup:

Hi John, yes, that's the one. In my car the pop riveted silver plastic is missing, most propably it was deleted when the car was repainted from the previos owner.

Does somebody eventually have a close-up picture of this silver plastic part I am missing?

Is this the piece SJ calls SJ079B0025 - L/H CAPPING RAIL ? Or is that something else?

Wolfgang

Edited by WolfgangK
  • Sad 1

Wolfgang, you need "Capping Rail Trim"  -

B079U4010F

There are one or two guides on how best to fit on here - in restoration threads. It needs to be trimmed / bent to fit the contours of the capping rail itself. The capping rail itself is pop riveted but also silconed in place. I think the rivets need to be covered with a dab of sealant as well to stop leaks too?

Thanks Henry.

Now since I know how the piece is called I can search for it 🙂

If you look at the posts from  @Lotusfab am pretty sure he has just been through the process of installing this trim in his turbo (and also would have done the same in his S1).

Thanks to all... once you know the keyword it's easy to find helpful posts like this: