free hit
counters
Rear wiper on an Elite'75 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Real Stig

Rear wiper on an Elite'75

I have no rear wiper. Only remainings are a plugged hole in the upper rear glass, the contacts and the wiring.

I noticed on other versions, it is installed underneath the window.

Is there a replacement part for the wiper available - maybe Smart For2?

Does anyone have a picture showing the installation and assembly?

Should I just leave it as is?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The series 1 Elite, which you'll have if its from 1975, would have the rear wiper fitted at the bottom of the rear window.

The series 2 Elite had it fitted at the top of the rear window through a hole.

If yours has a hole at the top then its got the later rear window fitted.

No idea what else it may have fitted. :) 

I heard that the S2 rear wiper motor is from a Porsche 928! I havent taken mine out to check....

The unique bit is the mechanism that latches the motor drive and the wiper drive together when the window is closed - no idea if this is used elsewhere.

Richard

So has a po converted your car from the S1 setup to the S2 setup in the past?  The S1 wiper motor sits on the left-hand side of the boot near the fuel pump.  For your '75 car you should see a couple of "jack nuts" in the fibreglass at that point.  Has the hole in the body below the tailgate been filled in?

Pete

I looked into the 928 solution. This has a prallel arm system intended for a large window. However the 924 solulution seems to fit. It is a remote gearmotor system powered by wire. Like this:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/PORSCHE-924-Heckwischermotor-Wischermotor-hinten-0390216694-Motor-Scheibenwische/401665337881?hash=item5d851eaa19:g:C1MAAOSwwqVcG-B-:rk:9:pf:0

Can anyone take a picture of the S2 (upper window) installation?

I'll take some pics tomorrow

Tx a lot. This means, that the mechanical connection is disconnected, when the lid is open?

This is a "funny" design. Since they changed it on to the S2-design, I conclude the original S1-design was even more "funny".

I actually think the 924-design will work even better, as the gear motor can be placed close to the hinges-line in the side C-post.

I guess the S1 design would scratch the body work and the aluminium trim when it would park! My scimitar did something similar.

There should be a little alloy block which the wiper arm parks on so its lifted away from the body and brightwork.

:)