free hit
counters
esprit S2 digital clock - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Can someone give me some exact measurements of the digital clock of an S2.

The clock itself is obsolete OR too expensive if on ebay. In my car the clock was not there when I bought it. I like to diy a bit , so I would consider making myself a replica. But I want that replica to look like the original. SO.....

I never seen one in the flesh, extra pictures are welcome. And I indicated some measurements on the picture below. Can someone fill in the measurements. All extra info needed is welcome of course. 

thanks in advance

IMG_04491014x760.jpg.b91fb9b97ad209a5510b7dd414c87f3d.jpg

Edited by gvy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello Geert.

The dimensions for the clock are:

A = 35mm

B = 10mm

C = 70mm

D = approx. 14mm (bit hard to measure with clock installed in car)

E = 25mm

F = 10mm

On the lower left corner of the "screen" ( A x C ) there is a little white "VDO" sign, measuring 10mm in lenght and 2.5 - 3 mm in height.

The digits are only visible when the ignition is switched on and are slightly dimmed with switched on lights.

The "bar" at the bottom is used to adjust hours (left) and minutes (right) and the clock has 12h format without "AM/PM" markings.

A while ago there was a thread about the clock:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/89985-dry-sump-vdojaeger-clock/?tab=comments#comment-731477

Edited by frb
  • Like 1

Thanks Georg,

I ordered a 4 digit led clock module from aliExpress, so when this arrives , I will look into making some lookalike.

Geert

The clock arrived today ( china and 5€ ) I did choose blue instead of green, because my dash has all blue leds inside.

I didnt bother trying to replicate and just mounted it and connected. Cheap solution, but I am fine with it.

44299213505_f836f5073f_c.jpgSAM_7815 by Geert Vijncke, on Flickr

Edited by gvy

The positive thing about the clock is that it has an integrated battery to hold the memory. The leds need car battery feed to light up

This is very usefull because I have a battery kill switch in the back . The car is never ever connected to the battery when parked even though I drive it very often. So It would be a bit annoying if I had to reset the clock each time 🙄

I connected the clock to the switchable power : green wire . This is the 12 V that comes alive after switching the contact. So not the permanent 12V.

It is a pity that it wont dim at night, as the original does. But I love the blue color in combination with the blue dash lights and radio backlight.

Edited by gvy
  • Like 1