free hit
counters
Aircon fix. - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Ok after a fantastic day at Hethel yesterday I want to try and repair the aircon. I have no idea what the problem is although I suspect somewhere around the compressor as it is stained green.  Any forum gurus able to point me in the right direction to fix?

TIA

Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It sounds like your refrigerant is escaping from the connections on the compressor.  A check in those connections should give you and idea of what is going on.  Once you have confirmed that the connections are secure or if there are any parts to be replaced, you can arrange for the system to be refilled.   Absolutely no point in doing that until the system is holding pressure.

• Like 1

Look through the front bumper. If there’s two saggy looking Aluminium furry things - they are knackered and you will need two new ones.

cheap to pick up - but a bit of a bitch to fit 👍

And as mike says above - you are likely to need some new o rings on that compressor 

Thx both. 

What’s the torque setting for those connections please?

Mines done up fecking tight

13 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Look through the front bumper. If there’s two saggy looking Aluminium furry things - they are knackered and you will need two new ones.

cheap to pick up - but a bit of a bitch to fit 👍

And as mike says above - you are likely to need some new o rings on that compressor 

The front condensors are indeed cheap enough-but can you source those 180' Y connector pipes?

You shouldn’t need to replace those chap 👍

Pirtek or similar can fabricate replacements simply enough though.

if you need to replace it cos the ally’s sheered off in the end - that’s easily removed with caustic soda and boiling water whilst outside standing well back

thanks.  I'll start with the compressor o-rings as that's where the staining is.  

Front looks fine.

Thanks again.

Ok, checked the aircon for pressure by pushing in the values and heard gas so I assume that means it must be holding some pressure?  

Does that sound right?

Yup 

So maybe just a proper re-gas should work?

You’ll find out. The new machines test the system first for holding a vacuum when they suck the system out