free hit
counters
Which would you buy? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dan.G

Which would you buy?

As titled, which would you buy? Any pro/cons with either which I havnt spotted?

All a bit different, with varying price tags.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-sport-380--track-pack--carbon-pack--titanium-exhaust--plus-more/8922819

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/our-new-demo-lotus-exige-s-v6-380-sport-finished-in-crs-ultra-violet/8061279

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806027113407?advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=5000&price-to=100000&postcode=pe303qz&sort=distance&price-from=60000&fuel-type=Petrol&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.0&model=EXIGE&newApplicationVersion=true&page=2&make=LOTUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&zero-to-60=TO_5

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803144555456?advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=5000&price-to=100000&postcode=pe303qz&sort=distance&price-from=60000&fuel-type=Petrol&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.0&model=EXIGE&newApplicationVersion=true&page=1&make=LOTUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&zero-to-60=TO_5

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806267867117?advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=5000&price-to=100000&postcode=pe303qz&sort=distance&price-from=60000&fuel-type=Petrol&minimum-badge-engine-size=3.0&model=EXIGE&newApplicationVersion=true&page=1&make=LOTUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&zero-to-60=TO_5

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've seen the car at Snows and it does look very striking, a crazy car in a crazy colour kinda works!

I'd be tempted to save some cash and get a 350 which can be relatively easily enhanced to match or exceed a 380 and you'd still have change.

I like the look of the 380 though. Prefer it to come ready made haha.

Did you get any pictures of the purple car?

I can understand the bought rather than built approach 😄   Personally, I prefer the dual tail lights on the 350, to my eyes, it balances the look of the back end a bit better, other than that the 380 is 😍

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures when I visited, but the colour works really well on the car when you see it.

Haha, I'm happy for lotus (the professionals) to do the building.

Notice any negatives on the purple car? I think it's safe to say, it would be the only one like it..

Nothing negative to report, it looked great to me.

If you like the colour it's well worth the trip to see it for yourself, I cannot imagine that there will be many (if any) like it.  I would definitely recommend calling to make an appointment though, other than a very helpful guy from the Lexus part of the dealership (who knew nothing about Lotus) I was left to wander around the cars on my own.  I spent longer chatting about my M2 that I turned up in than discussing the Lotus cars that they had on display.

M2 to exige... that's probably a first

3rd one - cup 380, plus a wheel refurb to get rid of the red wheels

I thought you already bought a 380?

19 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

yup, thats the one to get but i'd get rid of the red side view mirrors and the red rear wing support as well. 

27 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

I did, but came home to bad news. House got broken into so that put us behind

So what were saying is, spend an extra on a cup car?

To be fair, I do like the extra carbon and ti exhaust as standard on cups

I'd be torn between the Targa one, and the Grey. Seen the purple, it photographs well, but in person is a bit dull, has no depth to the colour.

The blue is lovely, I drove Snows demo in Daytona blue and loved it. Personally don't see the point in a cup car, nor do I like the exterior of them compared to the Sport ( as a road car that is ) 

Prices seem all over the place, but then so does the condition and spec. Carbon is a must for me, if I could afford it.

The purple car needs a paint correction, has a lot of swirls from what I remember, but then most cars will so remember that.

45 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I'd be torn between the Targa one, and the Grey. Seen the purple, it photographs well, but in person is a bit dull, has no depth to the colour.

The blue is lovely, I drove Snows demo in Daytona blue and loved it. Personally don't see the point in a cup car, nor do I like the exterior of them compared to the Sport ( as a road car that is ) 

Prices seem all over the place, but then so does the condition and spec. Carbon is a must for me, if I could afford it.

The purple car needs a paint correction, has a lot of swirls from what I remember, but then most cars will so remember that.

Carbon is a big thing for me too.

Not many seem to come with the carbon tail gate, only the cups.

If only the cups came with a stereo

1 hour ago, Dan.G said:

M2 to exige... that's probably a first

It's certainly different, but I know which one I prefer...by quite a margin 😉

I saw the purple one at the 70th event on Saturday at least I’m pretty sure it was that one - wasn’t taken by it. Looked a bit dull to me with no depth as stated above like most flat non-metallics. I’d pick the grey 380 Cup from that lot and keep all the red bits - it’s a beauty!! And will likely hold its value better. 

What about the new black one that’s at the bargain price of £71k!! They look brilliant in black and it’s got all the Carbon😎 The white one at HR Owen is all carbon and they do suit White too - the 380 looks right in most colours to be fair.

Personal favourite Fire Red unsurprisingly🙄😉

43686AEC-1E33-40E4-BAD1-7101AD383019.jpeg

• Like 1

If it only would be a question of color: Nr. 3 in grey and red. Like it is. Maybe with silver or black wheels. The blue cars #4 and 5 also look great.

Purple looks like a gay or girls car. Please no ! You won't be happy with this color a long time.

1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

I saw the purple one at the 70th event on Saturday at least I’m pretty sure it was that one - wasn’t taken by it. Looked a bit dull to me with no depth as stated above like most flat non-metallics. I’d pick the grey 380 Cup from that lot and keep all the red bits - it’s a beauty!! And will likely hold its value better. 

What about the new black one that’s at the bargain price of £71k!! They look brilliant in black and it’s got all the Carbon😎 The white one at HR Owen is all carbon and they do suit White too - the 380 looks right in most colours to be fair.

Personal favourite Fire Red unsurprisingly🙄😉

43686AEC-1E33-40E4-BAD1-7101AD383019.jpeg

The HR Owen car has a very good spec!

Anyone seen that in person?

Personally I don't like Ultra Violet as a colour that much, it's not a very dynamic colour, and while it looks good in the sun, it's very dull in cloudy weather.

I'd go for the Cup out of that choice and black out the red bits

f325e6b00aa644549855781616362613.jpg.93a604901ed73e995d1d9c60fab62759.jpg

George is wrong - it looks super dull without the red accents😉.......keep all the red bits😎

B82E6D29-D1FF-43B2-ADE4-B852A6200992.jpeg

• Like 1

Not a fan of the greys.... too boring.... These cars need to "pop"....

8 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Not a fan of the greys.... too boring.... These cars need to "pop"....

Agree with this.

I've found a white one, but I see that as a blank canvas for wrapping

• Like 1

On 01/10/2018 at 15:38, Dan.G said:

The HR Owen car has a very good spec!

Anyone seen that in person?

Me, but a long time ago when they had it up at full list unregistered. I don’t know if they were looking at becoming a Lotus dealer (they’d lost the Bentley franchise), as they had three new & unregistered cars, a full spec Exige 380, an Evora Sport 410 & a 3-11.

Love the 380 Cup looks wise but would want sound proofing & a stereo, wouldn’t want scaffolding in a road car either!