free hit
counters
410 and 430 Carbon Seats - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Calling all owners of 410's and 430's!

I love the look of the skinny lightweight CF seats that are fitted to some cars in lieu of the Sparco's.

Various comments on the net about them not being very comfortable for long distances/time at the wheel. And that the seat belt cut-outs are pretty brutal on the hips etc?

I coped OK with the standard sports seats in my S2 Exige, including a long day down to Spa. But they were not as high in the sides as the Evora ones (are these from the Exige 'Cup' cars etc?) But I am over a decade older and also 'wider'!!

Anyway, any feedback would be very useful as I am doing some 'man math's right now on the 410... Mmmmm! In the meantime, I LOVE the comfort of the Recaro seats in my SR!!

Cheers guys!

Pete. :>)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@dcmp might like to comment in this thread after his trip to Hethel & home again on Saturday.

11 hours ago, pete757 said:

love the look of the skinny lightweight CF seats that are fitted to some cars in lieu of the Sparco's.

Actually the carbon seats are standard and as Lotus intended the Sparcos are a cost option.

I drove from Reading to Perthshire in a day in my 410 with the carbon seats. Only issue was poor thigh support but I bought the adjustable seat brackets from @jonnyboy and ta da, totally transformed and thigh support fixed.

I'm a big lardy bastard but the sits fit me wonderfully. I love them.

Picked up my 75 year mother in Cheshire on the way and she remarked how lovely and comfy the carbon seats were. She's a sparrow of a thing so the opposite to me.

I love my race inspired carbon seats, the Sparcos look like a care home seat in comparison.

I did get into @Alfa2Evora 's NA at Lotus70 and it did remind just how bloody good the S1 Recaros are. Wonderful seats.  I have a charcoal black set of these so in future could always put them in the 410 when I get to care home age 

• Like 2

Hi, my first post on here. Interested in this as I have just ordered a 410 Roadster. Don;t want to hijack the topic but can I ask what you make of the 410 so far?

38 minutes ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

Hi, my first post on here. Interested in this as I have just ordered a 410 Roadster. Don;t want to hijack the topic but can I ask what you make of the 410 so far?

Interested! Roadster!??

Congrats!

What 410 did you order? 410 Sport or GT410

Coming from the Elise, you will see all the DNA is there. Don't have a 410, but even my N/A is an outstanding car 😎

Ordered the 410 Sport. Had to be the roadster - love the roof off. Had a test drive and they are bonkers fast but still retain a lot of the Elise feel.

I love the seats in the gt430 but they pinch on my thighs slightly. They are mega comfortable - until that is I sat in the display model at hethel this last weekend. I felt like I melted into the seat and it was just so..lovely and even more comfortable. 

So at some point I would like to swap my seats out. So if there is any gt430 owners out there with the red stripe recados that wish to exchange because they feel they are too much like a care home equivalent then come chat to me 🙂

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, pete757 said:

What 410 did you order?

Exige. HTH! 

47 minutes ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

Ordered the 410 Sport. Had to be the roadster - love the roof off. Had a test drive and they are bonkers fast but still retain a lot of the Elise feel.

Hello, Chris. :welcome:

As @Bibs has pointed out, you are confusing your Exiges & Evoras. This thread is about the Evora 410 (which has been out some time. ‘Your’ Exige 410 has only recently been released). 

Well that's my 'senior moment' for the day!!!

But at least this EVORA thread was not properly 'hijacked' lol!

Bloody Exige owners!!! 🤭

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'm a big lardy bastard but the sits fit me wonderfully. I love them.

I on the other hand couldn't get out of @C8RKH car fast enough as the sides felt like they were trying to slice an inch of my hip bone either side. So whist I could also do with laying off the snacks, it was my actually bones that were wider than the seat.

45 minutes ago, dcmp said:

I love the seats in the gt430 but they pinch on my thighs slightly. They are mega comfortable - until that is I sat in the display model at hethel this last weekend. I felt like I melted into the seat and it was just so..lovely and even more comfortable. 

So at some point I would like to swap my seats out. So if there is any gt430 owners out there with the red stripe recados that wish to exchange because they feel they are too much like a care home equivalent then come chat to me 🙂

The GT430 has Sparco seats... The red stripe Recaro seats are in the S1 'Sports Racers' and perhaps others... (was the Recado a Spanish version!)

Unless this is my second 'senior moment' of the day... in which case I will hide behind the sofa and retire to my evening glass of wine! :sofa: 🍷

45 minutes ago, pete757 said:

The GT430 has Sparco seats... The red stripe Recaro seats are in the S1 'Sports Racers' and perhaps others... (was the Recado a Spanish version!)

Unless this is my second 'senior moment' of the day... in which case I will hide behind the sofa and retire to my evening glass of wine! :sofa: 🍷

Hi Pete, yes my bad about getting the manufacturer wrong so I should've said sparco's. 

But the press car has sparco's with the red stripes which is effectively what I would like.

2018_lotus_evora_gt430_11_1024x768.jpg

They do look very nice :>)

3 hours ago, Colin P said:

I on the other hand couldn't get out of @C8RKH car fast enough as the sides felt like they were trying to slice an inch of my hip bone either side. So whist I could also do with laying off the snacks, it was my actually bones that were wider than the seat.

So what you are saying Colin is that you are big boned and I'm just a fat busted! Fair enough.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've sat in the regular 410 seats they are OK really I do envy the comfort a bit but to be fair with the angles sorted on the carbon ones they arent too bad. They do have sticky out sides but not sure if its down to how you sit or whatever but they don't dig into me despite being a keen pie eater. My Mrs complained about them and she's only small. 

Oh by the way the real benefit of the CF seats is the lateral support which is fantastic. 

Edited by jonnyboy

I've sat in a GT430 with Sparco's, and another with the fixed carbon seats. Sparco every time for me, I just don't think the fixed seat suits the Evora really, either aesthetically, in keeping with the car's true purpose, or comfort wise. But that's just me :yes:

@Trevsked could probably contribute a thought or two to this thread...

Can’t remember who does the brackets that allow recline on here? Anyway that’s the way forward, they’re just mounted too high and too upright for me but once that’s overcome they’re as comfortable as an Exige Cup, and I find that really good.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I believe it is Jonnyboy on here...?

On 03/10/2018 at 16:36, tim_marra said:

I've sat in a GT430 with Sparco's, and another with the fixed carbon seats. Sparco every time for me, I just don't think the fixed seat suits the Evora really, either aesthetically, in keeping with the car's true purpose, or comfort wise. But that's just me :yes:

Agree.  At least the buckets in the Alpine were a decent size