free hit
counters
Lotus Excel - Treasure Hunt - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alias DJA

Lotus Excel - Treasure Hunt

Afternoon all, 

On the hunt for a friend who's given me a treasure hunt of parts...

Lotus Eclat Excel - G153APF

Clutch Master

Clutch Slave

Brake Master

Water Pump

Front Discs

Front Pads

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Discs and pads are Toyota Celica Supra MA61 - cheap on ebay. Pads are shared with previa (non ABS)

You will struggle on the clutch master cylinder if it is Bendix type. Contact Angus on lotusexcel.net as he had some Bendix rebuild kits. Earlier type can be swapped out to a pre-86 Saab 900 one, but I'm not sure of union size on the Bendix having never owned one - worst case scenario is changing the brake pipes from the master cylinder to splitter.

Clutch slave is Toyota as is master cylinder. Part numbers CV-200 and the Master is MC1602 - dont fit second hand - all readily available and cheap from the net.

Water pump is a lotus part, but there are variations - Gary Kemp (Kemp performance engineering) will rebuild it with new seals and a new bearing, or supply a kit for you to do it if you have access to a hydraulic press. Again - don't bother with pre-owned water pumps unless you need one to exchange for repair imho.

Cheers

Dunc

• Like 1

Hi, 

Quick update from camp ECLAT EXCEL, 

I'm struggling to source upper ball joints, and available disc and pad supplier (apart from EBC) if anyone has any manufacturers that know still make them in the 21st Century

On another side note, I'm looking for a web-based browser for an OEM catalogue for Lotus if anyone has a link?

Many thanks

I have these rear pads available from France.

Neil

472138766_excelrearpads.thumb.jpg.4f58c29c392e590658ad3f57f9d6337d.jpg1437745008_excelrearpads1.thumb.jpg.4e500c7bab5bdd291f5200e30e662e43.jpg