free hit
counters
380 wheels on a 350 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So the the playground Wiki says you shouldn’t do this.

The rear wheel on the 380 is slightly wider with an adjusted offset and also apparently requires longer bolts to ‘ensure full thread engagement’.

Anyone else made this change? I am looking at a 2nd set of wheels (used) but now not entirely sure they are right for my 350....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
35 minutes ago, Silverback said:

So the the playground Wiki says you shouldn’t do this.

The rear wheel on the 380 is slightly wider with an adjusted offset and also apparently requires longer bolts to ‘ensure full thread engagement’.

Anyone else made this change? I am looking at a 2nd set of wheels (used) but now not entirely sure they are right for my 350....

Buy from Seriously Lotus, he got the offset correct, so you don't need longer bolts and can run 285/30/18 tyres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have provisionally already bought the second set. I think they were already being run on a 350 but will check with the owner how they did it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 350 rear wheel is 9.5" wide with 35mm offset.

Provided *the playgrounds* 😉 wiki is correct in stating the 380 rear wheel is 10" wide with a 15mm offset, that same wheel will extent 26mm towards the outer position.  I'm a fan of aggressive offsets, but that for sure is not going to fit.

Wheels being forged, the solution might be in milling the center drop down 15mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an interesting one. Seriously lotus has some new wheels coming in with a 430 offset (ET35) as they are in silver which is what I want

I'm tempted to get them - but a little unsure of how the offset compares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kristof Thys said:

The 350 rear wheel is 9.5" wide with 35mm offset.

Provided *the playgrounds* 😉 wiki is correct in stating the 380 rear wheel is 10" wide with a 15mm offset, that same wheel will extent 26mm towards the outer position.  I'm a fan of aggressive offsets, but that for sure is not going to fit.

Wheels being forged, the solution might be in milling the center drop down 15mm.

That info is not correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

That info is not correct

Oef, I figured something was off; can't see Lotus changing something dramatically at the rear axle 350 vs 380.

 

But it does state ET 15 on the Playgrounds' wiki 😆

 

5-bolt fixing
Front: 7.5J x 17" ET30
Rear: 10.0J x 18" ET15

Do you know what the offset is on the 10" wide wheel of the 380 Dave?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave are you taking orders for the 430 wheels yet?

Is the 430 wheel positive or negative offset versus the 350 wheel? Presume its negative and there is more of a lip on the rear wheels on the 430 wheels?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kristof Thys

Road Wheels
All models - except Exige Cup 380
Type                                             Cast alloy 5-bolt fixing                       
Size - Front 7.5J x 17H2 ET26.3
 - Rear 9.5J x 18H2 ET35
Inset - Front + 26.0 mm
 - Rear + 35.0 mm
Exige Cup 380
Type Lightweight 10 spoke forged alloy
Size - Front 7.5J x 17H2 ET26.3
 - Rear 10J x 18H2 ET32
Inset - Front + 26.0 mm
 - Rear + 32.0 mm
Wheel bolts
Total overall length: 57mm
Lotus part number: A138G6012F
PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter)
Size - Front 110.0 ± 0.1 mm
 - Rear 114.3 ± 0.1 mm
Centre spigot hole diameter 
Size - Front 65.14 mm
 - Rear 68.14 mm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kristof Thys said:

@vd9 Thanks for that.  Also confirms it's not gonna be any issue to have the 18x10 ET32 wheels on a 350 (vs 18x9.5 ET 35).  So S E L O C wiki is wrong.

also the above info is incomplete

The 350 10 x 18 rear forged wheels are et35. the very first ones sometimes catch on the inner against the subframe. The wheels where modified to have a chamfer on the inner edge. to stop the catching. When I was carrying out some development, I asked for ET31 wheels.

ALL the current offerings of the forged wheel now have a chamfered inner edge

Although the 380 forged wheels are listed as et32 they are not a true et32 wheel, they are actually an et35 wheel with a 3mm spacer added during production

(Bit of a bodge in my opinion).

The Forged wheels available from a supplier in the uk are an ET33 wheel....pretty close to the Lotus ones fitted to the Exige 380/430 cup

 

Edited by Seriouslylotus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

 

Although the 380 forged wheels are listed as et32 they are not a true et32 wheel, they are actually an et35 wheel with a 3mm spacer added during production

 

 

😯🙄

 

Thanks for the info Dave, nice job! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the Wiki overthere looked very old and not updated. Also for Evora. I asked for help … 
Does anyone know the manufacturer of the Exige forged wheels? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The KT ones are. KT commissioned them originally from Rimstock then Lotus asked if they could be OEM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:13, Bravo73 said:

The KT ones are. KT commissioned them originally from Rimstock then Lotus asked if they could be OEM. 

It is the basic Rimstock forged wheel basically for touring cars - one size fits it all … just an adaptation.
Lotus could do so much better. But again there was a controller with an Excel sheet which stated differently 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:36, Seriouslylotus said:

also the above info is incomplete

The 350 10 x 18 rear forged wheels are et35. the very first ones sometimes catch on the inner against the subframe. The wheels where modified to have a chamfer on the inner edge. to stop the catching. When I was carrying out some development, I asked for ET31 wheels.

ALL the current offerings of the forged wheel now have a chamfered inner edge

Although the 380 forged wheels are listed as et32 they are not a true et32 wheel, they are actually an et35 wheel with a 3mm spacer added during production

(Bit of a bodge in my opinion).

The Forged wheels available from a supplier in the uk are an ET33 wheel....pretty close to the Lotus ones fitted to the Exige 380/430 cup

 

Dave any news on when I can place an order for the 430 ET35 wheels in silver?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lo2zz said:

Dave any news on when I can place an order for the 430 ET35 wheels in silver?

No---- ET35 are the standard lotus offset

The 430 wheels are the same but with a spacer screwed to the mount face to make them et32 (IMHO a bodge)

No delivery date on 'proper' ET32 wheels at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay - please let me know when you have the ET35 in as I definitely want a set of silver wheels from you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×