free hit
counters
New job equals less time to use car :( - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DJW

New job equals less time to use car :(

Recently started a new job which I’m really enjoying , but have soon realised I won’t be getting to use the Exige much over the next 6-12 months.  On that basis Im contemplating putting it up for sale at Silverstone in the next couple of weeks.  It’s one of the highest spec cars out there , 2017 car with carbon pack, track pack plus other bits and bobs with list price new of somewhere around £82k.  6.5k miles, FSH and new tyres on rear recently.  What price do people think is sensible ?

Alternatively I suppose I could look to swap out for an Evora 400/410 auto and use that as a daily car to at least get my fix .

Hmmmmmm

1A0D3BB8-48D3-4AB6-B938-8A25FE59A2D4.thumb.jpeg.79d1b6501d22a0ba4c53198281eeb520.jpeg

• Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I did think you've owned this a bit too long for you. Normally you've owned about 10 cars in this ownership time ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I did think you've owned this a bit too long for you. Normally you've owned about 10 cars in this ownership time ;)

😂 . The Alpine lasted 10 days ;)

• Haha 1

@DJW Same boat, I’ll have finished working in Cleeve this time next week after 12 years +, so won’t get to see you go past in whatever you end up with 🙁

Option 2 Dave, with the 410....

• Like 1

I'm sure Aimee will be more than happy to sort you out a nice 410 :D

Now you could easily sell it to me but I really wanted one with 546bhp!

oh and it to be about 3k. Lovely, lovely machine 

• Haha 1

@DJW  quoted "So now I’ll have 2 cars I won’t get to use much ..... I need to see a shrink 🤔"

Just love the common sense of it all........ I'd do EXACTLY the same, BRILLIANT....... 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Where have you advertised the Ultima? I would love one of those buy my wife would kill me. I housed one for a friend a few years back and it was awesome.

cheers

-Chris

• Like 1

Use the same excuse again Chris :lol:

• Like 1

I'm wondering which excuses I have used already? 😵

2 hours ago, cweeden said:

Where have you advertised the Ultima? I would love one of those buy my wife would kill me. I housed one for a friend a few years back and it was awesome.

cheers

-Chris

^ should read 'but my wife would kill me', obviously. 😖

3 hours ago, cweeden said:

cheers

-Chris

It was on PH Chris, but deleted now.  

I haven’t told the missus yet lol. She’ll pribably guess when I start driving it 😇

Can you post some pictures of the Ultima and of the under bodywork stuff. 🙂

@Gm77 is talking about building one of them

@DJW can I ask, why the LS3 rather than the LS7?

I’m at the factory a week on Monday for a look see.

Greg

LS3 is cheaper to upgrade power wise, plus around 550 bhp seems to be sweet spot for the car.  Some people chase mental power, but personally not into pub bragging rights 😉

That does look very nice, great to see the gearshift still on the right of the driver but a shame it doesn't have 8 trumpets for decoration. 🙂

Did you build it or buy it ready made? I'm expecting the former since it's not registered, it looks beautifully finished.

cheers

-Chris

2 hours ago, JG220 said:

Needs a massive spoiler

Having driven one at the Ring when we were asked to remove the massive rear wing (told it was a danger to motorcyclists. Grrr!) I would very much agree and recommend a rear wing to keep it planted. Over 120mph (earlier shape than yours) it was very scary without the wing. We were allowed to put it back on later in the day and the difference was unbelievable, the car was rock solid with it.

cheers

-Chris

Thanks, that’s good to know. Decisions, decisions...

Greg

1 hour ago, cweeden said:

That does look very nice, great to see the gearshift still on the right of the driver but a shame it doesn't have 8 trumpets for decoration. 🙂

Did you build it or buy it ready made? I'm expecting the former since it's not registered, it looks beautifully finished.

cheers

-Chris

Having driven one at the Ring when we were asked to remove the massive rear wing (told it was a danger to motorcyclists. Grrr!) I would very much agree and recommend a rear wing to keep it planted. Over 120mph (earlier shape than yours) it was very scary without the wing. We were allowed to put it back on later in the day and the difference was unbelievable, the car was rock solid with it.

cheers

-Chris

Was it too high or to wide ? Has to be pretty big to be stopped at the the ring .. 

@cweeden bought it 60% complete  then had a couple of my friends ( garage owner and ultima owner) finish it for me. 

I haven’t the patience or time.  My friend who built his canam version, worked nearly every evening and weekends and it took 18 months !!!   Don’t underestimate the time these cars take to build.  

2 hours ago, Gm77 said:

Thanks, that’s good to know. Decisions, decisions...

Greg

Do you want the fun of the build or to drive it?