free hit
counters
Autumnal modification - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, they are. Replacing them is a ‘clam off’ job though. 

I park under couple of tree and for summer car plagued with tree sap and then hordes of wasps feeding of !

now the car is covered in leaves which gets into the front windscreen wells air grilles ! Solution put the cover back on ? 

Copper.

The solution is copper.

10 minutes ago, slewthy said:

Copper.

The solution is copper.

Copper ???? 

Copper nails vs trees. 

Its probably just an old wives tale that hammering copper nails into growing trees will kill them.

Into a sawn trunk, yes should stop regrowth.

Just being inflammatory!

The tree's on its last legs, so hopefully it will get damaged in the winter storms and the council will have to cut it down, like all the others on the road have been already. Hopefully we won't get a bunch of hippies chaining themselves to it to save the last tree on the road. It's also got a big bird's nest in it so if I park the car on the road then a splattering of poop is inevitable. Now, how would I build some poop-deflectors?

Your lucky I complained to council and they refused to at least trim it down !

the branches are over the pathway and in my eyes were danger to people walking as they were so low and wasps were swarming during hot weather around the tree but I will never win this battle so the cover will go on the car now the cold weather is setting in ❄️

Managed to set off in the dark with he covers on. Doh! Some "Remove before flight" flags and a pre-drive checklist may be required!

• Haha 1

Ah, Brits always amuse me.

Yeah, let’s cut down all the trees in our street so we don’t get some bird shit or a few leaves on the car...

Look on the bright side, street trees obscure the boring shit box houses that most people in this country live in.

Edited by Jovver
  • Like 1

Not all Brits think like that, Jovver, not at all!

17 hours ago, Jovver said:

Ah, Brits always amuse me.

Yeah, let’s cut down all the trees in our street so we don’t get some bird shit or a few leaves on the car...

Look on the bright side, street trees obscure the boring shit box houses that most people in this country live in.

The tree will be fine - I suspect (hope 😂) it's just our odd sense of humour.  

We typically espouse two solutions to every minor problem - 1) have a cup of tea, or 2) scorched-earth policy!  👍