free hit
counters
BOOT CARPETS (Turbo Esprit battery/electrics cover) - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

BOOT CARPETS (Turbo Esprit battery/electrics cover)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 6 months later...

Hi Steve, I’d like a luggage compartment set with the battery compartment bit you mentioned earlier in the thread please. I’d like black please.

Regards 

Justin

• 1 year later...

I've just started working on a friends 79 JPS. We need to get to the brake lights and it really looks like the carpet is glued to the wood panel. Could someone confirm 'yes, that's how it was made' and also offer a hint or three on how to get to the brake lights?His car is incredibly original and we don't want to make a hash of it. Thanks!

• Gold FFM
On 07/07/2022 at 17:13, Frank Wissman said:

I've just started working on a friends 79 JPS. We need to get to the brake lights and it really looks like the carpet is glued to the wood panel.

Yes it's glued to the wood on the later cars, but you may be able to get to the brackets and remove those panels complete with carpet attached.

I've come across two board layouts in the S2, the first having one large piece of carpet folded up the rear and sides and held in place with press studs to the wooden panels.

The other has a separate floor and transom carpet glued to the boards, both have piped carpets fitted over the rear arches.

20201110_201030.jpg.5d0fd063f62410714a567c42cd4a2bb5.jpg

We're still searching for a carpet to match the original Lotus loop pile, Martrims Ford/Lotus loop is stupidly expensive and not quite right. We use the black cord as fitted S3 onwards. 

• Like 1