free hit
counters
Number plate on your Lotus - standard, related to car, or to your own name? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Number plate on your Lotus - standard, related to car, or to your own name?

Number plate on your Lotus - standard, related to car, or to your own name?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One thing that I've noticed with Lotus owners, compared to other makes of car, is that if they have a personalised number plate, then they tend to be Lotus/car related rather than related to their own name. If true, then I think that says a lot about the type of person that drives a Lotus. What type of number plate do you have?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have a standard number plate with the European Union stars on it.

I will obviously be changing to a Union flag next year.

Just hope I dont have to omit St Andrews cross the year after!!!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Does your EU plate have the narrower post-2001 typeface on it? I think that modern plates look out of place on older cars. When my Y reg Elise needed new plates I managed to get some special ones made up to match the originals, with the same typeface and defunct dealer name and phone number at the bottom. But that's just me.

26167471_10159707838530527_4432343406303

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

7 minutes ago, Bibs said:

26167471_10159707838530527_4432343406303

So is that related to the car or to your name???

Reminds me of that Viz Top Tip -  "Save money on expensive personalised car number plates by simply changing your name to match your existing plate.  Mr. KVL 741Y"

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
58 minutes ago, Bibs said:

See the post above.

I have this on one of my other cars...

post-1-0-03885900-1416588748.jpg

I shouldn't really be allowed to buy number plates :lol:

I just squinted at that - it’s says “Lotus se”

Only here once

The ageless plate came with the car. It has no special meaning for me or the car. I will probably leave it as is once the car is back on the road.

:) 

It's getting there......

2 hours ago, RichardC said:

For that authentic 1980s look see 

None of their pre-2001 typefaces are quite correct. These are my plates from 1985.

y4mhmh8Y7h1aOBQ3xaw3IPQBNwlwdsd3omN-VMI2

+1 for @clivef38

2 hours ago, RichardC said:

So is that related to the car or to your name???

Reminds me of that Viz Top Tip -  "Save money on expensive personalised car number plates by simply changing your name to match your existing plate.  Mr. KVL 741Y"

@C8RKH

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, pete said:

Lol - my surname is Corkhill so C8RKH, my number plate, is pretty close and only cost me £149!  I'm a tight git you see.........

Amazing though how many people think my name is something like Roger Keith Happily.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!