free hit
counters
New Evora 400 owner! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Evo400sam

New Evora 400 owner!

Hi all, I’m new to all this a couple of weeks ago I bought my first evora a 400 in white from Stratton motor co absolutely love it. I’ve previously owned a s2 Elise and sold my old VX220 turbo to a trader in order to get the evora if anyone is looking for a really good VX let me know I’ll point you in his direction.

it was a shame to sell but couldn’t afford to keep them both.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome Sam and congratulations on the 400! Care to share any pics? 

(PS I've started you a new thread in the intros area, it's the best place to say hello!) :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Welcome Sam.

one of many to move from vx to Evora. 👍

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Looks stunning @Evo400sam, reminds me of my old Evora (white with black pack)

By any chance were you on the A505 Royston bypass mid morning on the 28th September, the day before the Lotus 70th @ Hethel ? 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

@internetsYes that was more then likely me. I live in Norfolk but was driving it into work at stevenage to show my friends that day. I normally use my focus but had to take the new toy in. Small world!!

it was a good test run and I got far too carried away in the tunnel by the roundabout, made me smile the sound is amazing.

Ah it was me barrelling past in my black 400, was suprised to see another 400 in the wild :) saw your car at the 70th also 👍

34D43177-8DE7-43EE-8BEC-27AB680C9EF4.thumb.jpeg.d929d96808a9aec8fb1fbe09f08c9bf3.jpeg

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

That’s isnt my car. I wasn’t at the 70th I wanted to go but my car was at Stratton motor co on the Friday and I didn’t want to go in the Courtessy car I would have been gutted!! Surrounded by lovely cars. 

Ah OK, it was the Friday I saw it. 

What’s the black like to look after @internets? My last 4 cars were black, and after every one I tried so hard not to buy another black car!! They look so good in black I just hate keeping them clean and scratch free. By far the hardest colours to keep looking good. It took me years to find the best polish to use and five minutes out on the road and there dusty/dirty again.

Can be hard work, although does look amazing after 3 coats for Harly Wax for a short time 😀

D6026A90-C874-4F9C-A4FB-B020DD59F557.thumb.jpeg.3d7d85d7d40eb5bca50a7c46aeb3c0ed.jpeg

Sure does look good!! Must really attract attention. I found after many trials autoglym super resin polish was really good on my Vx220 it was resprayed and kept it pretty much fine scratch free the more you applied the better the result.

Thought about ceramic coating on the evora but I think it really needs to be applied on a new car so opted out to be fair white seems really good compared to darker colours and after claying the car and a couple of coats of polish it looks as good as new. Although for some reason flys seem to love sitting on my white car (never had that trouble before) they seem to like my white bike too!!

I know what you mean about white, although it does look amazing.

Do miss my old S :) 

5D14FA97-C6A2-4370-AC2C-8D384E3DCDD9.thumb.jpeg.f04edac7d7c094b3731a8e089e258562.jpeg

I remember going to Stratton motor co when the evora 400 first came out as they had a Vx220 there I wanted to look at. The sales guy forced me into the white 400 they had started it and hit the loud button I was hooked!! 

Just had to save to get one. the VX I bought was a great car I’m gonna miss it but the 400 is superb. 

• Like 2

Welcome to TLF Sam. :welcome:

Car looks great. Hope you enjoy it enough to wear away the feeling of missing the VX.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Hi Sam and welcome! Stunning looking car. I remember seeing it at Hethel!

Didn't realise you are in Norfolk! If you fancy a Hoon any time let me know! Tend to be out and about at weekends just bumbling around.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)