free hit
counters
Exige Sport 410 - how good? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Chris Onelevenr

Exige Sport 410 - how good?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats Chris, nicely done! The 410 is a brutally fast car, you're going to love it! 

• Like 1

Congrats on the car Chris, I’m sure Cris,Chris and Chris will do you proud Chris.

Trevor.

• Haha 1

Congrats on the car...I keep looking at 410s and ultimately I think I may succumb to the temptation.note to self....

do not test drive

do not test drive

do not test drive!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As discussed in Tomsk’s thread , Exiges are at their most impressive in bright colours, Liquid Yellow is an absolute cracker, one of the best !! Exhaust switch is good to have done as who doesn’t like all that noise at 2,500 revs 👍🏽

Well worth getting Hoffman’s drill the holes for the soft top for future use, unless you have ordered the roadster of course !!

13 hours ago, Ali tuck said:

Congrats on the car...I keep looking at 410s and ultimately I think I may succumb to the temptation.note to self....

do not test drive

do not test drive

do not test drive!!!!!

You need to come and see me and drive one! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris Marriott Hofmann's said:

You need to come and see me and drive one! :)

Shut up!

21 minutes ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

Yes - do it. You'll love it.

Just as a matter of interest .....what are the lead times at the moment?🙈

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

Just as a matter of interest .....what are the lead times at the moment?🙈

Depends on what you want. Factory order circa 12 weeks but there is sometimes something available sooner, or a demo can come quite quickly! 

Give me a call 01491 848800

PS - DO IT DO IT DO IT!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

Oops. Omitted to say that I have ordered the roadster. Got to have the roof off for the full experience 🙂

I hope that you didn’t have to pay any more or less for that. 

(:secret:the roof comes off them all). 

34 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I hope that you didn’t have to pay any more or less for that. 

(:secret:the roof comes off them all). 

No but I have never felt a hardtop to be necessary.

Hi Chris, you won the lottery of having my first post on this forum in your thread :D

Anyway, I had a chance to drive the 410 on Lotus' Hethel track last week. Honestly mi first thought when I "opened her up" and the flap switched was "OMG this sounds fantastic, too bad it comes so late in the rev range" :)

The steering, the precision, the brakes, everything was delicious, although I have to say it is a proper workout to drive this car quick. Or at least I though I was going quickly...We then had a chance to catch a ride with some bloke called Martin Donnelly. Well, after 3 corners I knew I had just been scratching the surface. This car (and the man) is a monster! I think every owner should experience what their car can do in the hands of a pro and then set off to a life-long quest to get anywhere near their speed, I advise you do the same with your 410.

Looking forward to following your journey!

• Like 1

Hi Petr, I did a "Scare yourself sensible" session at Hethel about 3 years ago. It was freezing cold, standing water everywhere and the instructors were throwing an Elise 111S around faster than I would have gone in the dry!! The limits of any Lotus are so far beyond my driving ability. I had the chance to test the 410 at Hethel but the date clashed with other stuff. I may consider one of the Lotus courses next year.

Popped in to Hoffman's on Saturday and had a chat with Chris Marriott. Opted for the red brake calipers and the yellow and silver stitching. Chris also made some useful suggestions re fitting a Tracker device and insurance.

Someone is interested in buying my Elise even though I have not advertised it so on Sunday I got around to doing a "fly by" vid that I've been meaning to do for years. It's loud! https://youtu.be/JGMM-Tmcbqo

Date fixed to see my 410 in production in the first week of December. Can't wait. I'll be popping in to the Hoffmans open day on Saturday. Anyone else going?

How long ago was the Exige "Sport 410" launched?

It appears to have been a very 'quiet' launch... I thought they had gone straight from the 380 to the 430... did the 410 come after that?

I presume it has the same engine 'tune' as the Evora 410 Sport and the GT410? 

I will put my glasses on... and get my coat! :sofa:

Copycat :P

Interested to see what you do with the carbon, personally I think the B&C car looks way too busy with so much carbon and that it would look a lot better with a painted front service hatch and roof... 

I've always loved the RS Liquid Yellow. It's the only thing I would change on my RS Megane. I'm told that Lotus don't want to do the colour any more as it is too much work.