free hit
counters
Exige Sport 410 - how good? - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Chris Onelevenr

Exige Sport 410 - how good?

4 hours ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

I've always loved the RS Liquid Yellow. It's the only thing I would change on my RS Megane. I'm told that Lotus don't want to do the colour any more as it is too much work.

Yeah, they said that 2 years ago when I bought my 1 of 2 Exige in Liquid Yellow.

Ah well, still rarer than an LF1! 😆

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 minutes ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

I wouldn't pick the Pork over the Exige even if I had the money

Why would you not pick Porsche 911 GT3 RS over Lotus Exige Sport 410 if the price tag would not be any consideration?

Edited by vd9
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

I prefer the look of the Lotus, all 911's look a bit dull although I'll admit they are much better in GT3/RS form and, most importantly, I'm a Lotus fan 🙂

Give me my Cup over these 3

GTS, GT4 and a GT3RS

D92D6D8C-772C-4CDD-9BBE-65F410705D54.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

Tomorrow will be interesting. Off to Hethel to see my car in production 😊

are you on the tour tomorrow. i'm going. what car have you ordered?

Absolutely appalling driving conditions for the trip to and from Hethel but well worth it to see my car in it's imcomplete state. Various body panels were around the area where the chassis was. The engine is in place and was having electrics fitted. Really interesting tour by Scott Walker (Lotus UK Sales Manager).

Thanks to Chris Marriott at Hoffman's for arranging the trip (Chris - you my need to chase Scott for the photo's 🙂 ).

• Like 1

On 06/12/2018 at 08:48, Chris Onelevenr said:

One of the pics of my car from yesterday.

Out of interest, are Lotus themselves happy with you posting pictures of the factory online?

ISTR that similar photos have been removed in the past.

From the posts above, I'd imagine Scott took that picture and sent it on. They realise once the picture is out of their hands, it's more than likely going to go online and Scott will know how to frame a shot to make that ok. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

3 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Out of interest, are Lotus themselves happy with you posting pictures of the factory online?

ISTR that similar photos have been removed in the past.

Having just read the waffle at the end of the email that the photos were attached to it seems I probably should not have posted the picture. Slapped wrist! @Bibs - can you delete the picture? I can't see how to do that. Thanks.

👍

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

4 hours ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

If the dealer wants to use it on their sites I guess it's ok.

Don’t forget that, although they represent them, the dealers aren’t actually Lotus themselves. 

4 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

That's the reason why Scott is taking the pictures and not the visitors. :ball:

At the 70th, with the factory open to the public, there were no signs thyat I saw saying not to take photos, and people were snapping away. I did a walk through the whole factory with my 360 degree camera, but the memory card got corrupted 😭

Edited by k20Rob

On 19/11/2018 at 16:34, vd9 said:

Why would you not pick Porsche 911 GT3 RS over Lotus Exige Sport 410 if the price tag would not be any consideration?

I actually own both (albeit my Exige is a heavily modified EX460) and must say that the article is very well written and very close to how I feel about both cars.

I enjoy both of them but if I could only have one and money is no consideration it clearly would be the RS. If money is a consideration it clearly would by the Exige 😉

5 hours ago, k20Rob said:

At the 70th, with the factory open to the public, there were no signs thyat I saw saying not to take photos, and people were snapping away. I did a walk through the whole factory with my 360 degree camera, but the memory card got corrupted 😭

They'd weren't 'open for business' then and anything you weren't meant to see was not in a visible location. Very different on a normal working day, there's a sign and the front gate saying no cameras and you have to leave your phone at security in fact. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

11 hours ago, NW76 said:

I enjoy both of them but if I could only have one and money is no consideration it clearly would be the RS. If money is a consideration it clearly would by the Exige 😉<span>

Can't agree more with this. One would have to be truly somewhat special to deny GT3 RS a status of a spectacular piece of automotive excellence.

• Like 1