free hit
counters
Exige Sport 410 - how good? - Page 3 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Chris Onelevenr

Exige Sport 410 - how good?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is it me or do the larger intakes make the 410 look too 'smiley'? It reminds me of a pokemon.

Great colour choices tho.

images.png

Edited by Dan.G
pathetic use of grammar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

380’s are the best looking, my totally unbiased opinion of course....😉

You are right and I don’t own one so I guess that makes me unbiased. (Although sorry to say but the cup with its straight wing is the even better looking 380...)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PAR said:

You are right and I don’t own one so I guess that makes me unbiased. (Although sorry to say but the cup with its straight wing is the even better looking 380...)

Honestly, that was one of the main factors why I didn't buy a cup. The curves on a 'standard' wing is just a work of art. I'm definitely a curves kind of guy

My issue is that photographs in the main don’t capture the real size of the rear wing on the 380 Sport. It always seems to look small, similar in fact to the cars always seem to look more narrow than real life, which as we know will be down to the camera lens on phones. These 2 photos that I captured (with my phone) in the summer puts the Sport wing in a better light😉

2F34FBC7-C0C6-4587-984E-44C0A42FF642.jpeg

F760825D-9FAD-4B3D-B73A-9A5A64036E07.jpeg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

My issue is that photographs in the main don’t capture the real size of the rear wing on the 380 Sport. It always seems to look small, similar in fact to the cars always seem to look more narrow than real life, which as we know will be down to the camera lens on phones. These 2 photos that I captured (with my phone) in the summer puts the Sport wing in a better light😉

2F34FBC7-C0C6-4587-984E-44C0A42FF642.jpeg

F760825D-9FAD-4B3D-B73A-9A5A64036E07.jpeg

Any excuse to get the photos out hey mate haha

• Haha 1

Aye Dan👏😄 - just realised this is a 410 topic......oops😬 same wing almost so principles the same😉

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Chris Onelevenr said:

Nice pics of the 380. The addition of the charge cooler swayed me to the 410. Hopefully collecting in the next week or so.

Well, no matter what exege we've gone for, with the win in Evo, Brexit and the future of lotus (smaller engine cars etc) it's likely any model will hold some value and be worth having.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan.G said:

Well, no matter what exige we've gone for, with the win in Evo, Brexit and the future of lotus (smaller engine cars etc) it's likely any model will hold some value and be worth having.

You dont want to be reading the Exige thread on the playground then....... https://forums.the playground.org/viewthread.php?tid=399222

you would never sleep based on how bad the car is.....

cheers

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

You dont want to be reading the Exige thread on the playground then....... https://forums.the playground.org/viewthread.php?tid=399222

you would never sleep based on how bad the car is.....

cheers

Not a member, probably best not to be.

What have they said? How can it be so different from what Evo have said..

8 hours ago, k20Rob said:

It is 425 pages and running, so a little hard to sum up. But it is the general s2/s3 exige discussion thread, mixed in with elise cups. Going round in circles, posting up prices and people worrying about values, with regular analysis the ads currently out there every few weeks or so. Youre not missing anything. 

Usual stuff then Haha

10 hours ago, k20Rob said:

It is 425 pages and running, so a little hard to sum up. But it is the general s2/s3 exige discussion thread, mixed in with elise cups. Going round in circles, posting up prices and people worrying about values, with regular analysis the ads currently out there every few weeks or so. Youre not missing anything. 

But it does also raise quite a few issues that Lotus should, and I hope, already have learnt from. Things like Cup 380’s being pushed out to dealers without buyers, JMG claiming they were sold out, now dealers stuck with cars they need to sell at a loss. 50/50 finance driving depreciation of nearly new cars. Constant special editions and model revisions leaving buyers of brand new cars feeing ripped off. Terrible availability of spares. Much of these are being addressed, and I hope continue to be.

Overall it does seem to show (for me) that Lotus tried to move up the ladder price wise, but seemed to misjudge that customers expectations adjust in line with that. 

And this is me being a Lotus fanboi after dailying S1’s and S2’s for hundreds of thousands of miles, but the M111 platform is the same as I was buying when I got my first tatty s1 in my early 20’s. But all of those cars were modified, including the latest which was stripped out the first week to fix issues like lack of harnesses, poundshop stereo etc and is now on an ongoing journey. 

Hopefully Lotus are open to learning now they have the backing to invest, not just trim costs.

Saying that there are some utter tools on there that just seem to have buyers remorse.

Anyway back on topic, 410’s are nice 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

Saying that there are some utter tools on there that just seem to have buyers remorse.

I go over to the Playground every now and then, normally last a day and then just retreat back as they really are a bunch of turnip gnashers at times....

However, the only "buyers remorse" I can see on there is that they didn't buy a Porsche, which is what most of them seem to want to chat about the most. TLF is a far more welcoming, and tolerant place in my modest opinion.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

20 hours ago, Dan.G said:

Well, if and when everyone buys a porsche, there will be loads around which will reduce value.

I've had a little buyers remorse on the odd occasion, but those issues were sorted. When i go for a drive, everyone is so much more interested in the Lotus. Anything less than a gt3 and no one cares.

Let's not forget, the lotus is half the cost of the top end porsches, and is often the benchmark comparison, which makes me quite content.

I agree with some comments above, Lotus need to start being more involved with quality and customer support otherwise they will be in the same position in a few years when the investment money is all gone. Which will be sad.

In my opinion with the cost of Porsche GT3’s being ludicrously high the only real direct competition to Lotus at the 410/430 end are McLaren .

With 2 year old 540’s and 570’s at around £110,000 they offer a far better solution than a Porsche and with more power .

A more natural progression from Lotus than to a Porsche IMO.