free hit
counters
Exige Sport 410 - how good? - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Exige Sport 410 - how good?


Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look what arrived at Hoffman's this morning 😀

It is indeed. I may be a tad biased but having finally collected the car this afternoon I don't think I've seen a better looking Exige. Big thanks to Hoffman's of Henley specially @Chris Marriott Hofm

OK. Short answer is I've only had a 2 hour test drive so far and that impressed me enough to order one. I intend to record the whole experience of car and dealership here. A bit of history first

Posted Images

I gave a quick ride to a 410 yesterday. Nothing to say about how it looks and how it handles, of course I love it 😍

It definitly needs the exhaust valve to be open all the time as it is so great on my Evora 400. Easy mod... 

But I had a big issue with the sitting position 😶. The seat position is good but steering wheel feels desperatly too low !! And no way to adjust it. When my legs are at the right position, It's very close to the plastic cover underneath for heel and toe. I could leave with that but wheel is just too low 😓

I search on the forum and a spacer seems to be my only solution. As with the steering column angle it will bring it closer to me and of course slightly higher, but delete the airbag it seems. Any other rational options ? I'm 6 feet tall and roof clearance is OK even with helmet on. 

I was very excited with this car and now feels frustrated with this experience. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rallyesax said:

I gave a quick ride to a 410 yesterday. Nothing to say about how it looks and how it handles, of course I love it 😍

It definitly needs the exhaust valve to be open all the time as it is so great on my Evora 400. Easy mod... 

But I had a big issue with the sitting position 😶. The seat position is good but steering wheel feels desperatly too low !! And no way to adjust it. When my legs are at the right position, It's very close to the plastic cover underneath for heel and toe. I could leave with that but wheel is just too low 😓

I search on the forum and a spacer seems to be my only solution. As with the steering column angle it will bring it closer to me and of course slightly higher, but delete the airbag it seems. Any other rational options ? I'm 6 feet tall and roof clearance is OK even with helmet on. 

I was very excited with this car and now feels frustrated with this experience. 

 

You can add a spacer to the standard wheel. You can also shim the steering column to raise is slightly with some washers I believe. I'm sure someone on here did that

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2019 at 19:23, Chris Onelevenr said:

It is indeed. I may be a tad biased but having finally collected the car this afternoon I don't think I've seen a better looking Exige. Big thanks to Hoffman's of Henley specially @Chris Marriott Hofmann's There will be a very small video to follow.

 

Exige410-4.jpg

Exige410-5.jpg

Exige410-6.jpg

Exige410-7.jpg

Congrats, burnt orange? Did the dealer supply and fit your decals?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM

Re the decals, the dealer (Hofmans) subbed it out to the guys that did the ppf. Very happy with it. Repair job required after the run out today as a pheasant fancied crossing the road at the wrong time when I was doing a decent speed. Nothing too drastic. Basically the grill in front of the passenger side radiator is wrecked and there is a small tear in the ppf. Not best pleased but could have done a lot more damage.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MrP_ said:

You can add a spacer to the standard wheel. You can also shim the steering column to raise is slightly with some washers I believe. I'm sure someone on here did that

I didn't know a washer trick was possible there. Thanks 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rallyesax said:

OK so it seems like this one allows you to keep the airbag. 

Yep you can get many spacers for the standard wheel. Elise-shop, Eltech, Komotec. At worst you may have to drill through, but it’s very easy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Completed a 3,200 mile trip through northern Europe to Norway and back without any issues other than the front centre area of the soft top lifting slightly at around 110 mph+. Cup 2 tyres coped with a few downpours so long as you drive to the conditions. Photo's will eventually follow. Amazing roads and scenery in Norway.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...