free hit
counters
The downside of toll tags - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

As I was faced with some strict time constraints (to ensure I got back in time for the 70th at Hethel) I had to resort to using toll roads more than I might have otherwise done on my recent roadtrip to Murcia in southern Spain.

Even so I did try and keep it to a minimum, so it came as a bit of a surprise this morning to receive my invoice from Emovis (formerly Sanef) for £225.61 - OUCH!!!! :o

It's all so painless when you just sail up to the barrier and don't have to stop. I suppose having to dig around for small change or using your card to pay-as-you-go each time might inject some sense of reality into the process of crossing continents, :rolleyes: .

Makes you appreciate our system here, even if it does mean underfinanced roads leaving us playing 'dodge the pothole' most of the time.

• Confused 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I saw the total, my first thought was that there was a financial slap on the wrist included but no, it was all just tolls. I did occasionally confuse mph and kph but the speeds couldn't have

As I was faced with some strict time constraints (to ensure I got back in time for the 70th at Hethel) I had to resort to using toll roads more than I might have otherwise done on my recent roadtrip t

Ah, just an invoice. For a moment I thought you were going to tell us about a fine for doing an outrageous speed.  

• Gold FFM

When I saw the total, my first thought was that there was a financial slap on the wrist included but no, it was all just tolls.

I did occasionally confuse mph and kph but the speeds couldn't have been that outrageous as every time I looked there was always a Mercedes Sprinter van closing up in my mirrors and we all know how universally considerate of traffic laws the drivers of those are, :rolleyes: :lol: .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1