free hit
counters
Gear lever surround removal. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LotusFella

Gear lever surround removal.

I want to repaint it as it wrong.  Car used to be nautilus blue but now Azure blue and I want to repaint it, can’t see how it comes apart,

TIA

Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There are two small screws to undo on the switch panel in the armrest/central tunnel.  Remove the cover and then you will see the two retaining nuts beneath.  Remove those and disconnect the electrics.  You will also need to press out one of the switches.  Once those are free, you can withdraw the panel upwards over the two captive studs and backwards - there are two locating tongues at the front.   Remember to undo the elastic straps one the gear gator, so that it can come over the gear level assy.

What you will be left with looks like this.  On yours the two tongues will hopefully still be attached :

image.jpg

On 11/10/2018 at 20:40, mike_sekinger said:

There are two small screws to undo on the switch panel in the armrest/central tunnel.  Remove the cover and then you will see the two retaining nuts beneath.  Remove those and disconnect the electrics.  You will also need to press out one of the switches.  Once those are free, you can withdraw the panel upwards over the two captive studs and backwards - there are two locating tongues at the front.   Remember to undo the elastic straps one the gear gator, so that it can come over the gear level assy.

What you will be left with looks like this.  On yours the two tongues will hopefully still be attached :

image.jpg

ok got the surround out but having trouble removing the top most dial in the picture.  I thought the black knob pulls off but it does not appear too or I'm not pulling it hard enough.  

I'm also getting the gears image (below) reproduced if anyone wants one. or if someone has done this already will they sell one?

Cheers

Chris

gears.jpg

sussed it. stopper in the end. then undo nut.