free hit
counters
Exhaust routing - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Restoring this S3 NA. Today I got the engine started and moving onto the exhaust............ found that it was resting on the top suspension mount. Obviously not ideal so would appreciate if someone could post pics or let me know how the exhaust should route inside the rear passenger side wheel arch.

exhaust.thumb.jpg.7f6945ca5b4ebb3e129915204a22c93e.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well, pretty much like that but something must be bent or loose - its meant to suspend itself about the suspension heatshield.

You might find that its the rear box mount thats at fault. There is some adjustment to be had where the exhaust carrier attaches to the plate mounted on the back of the gearbox. Try slackening the bolts and lifting the back box up. You will probably have to loosen the exhaust straps there also to re-angle the tail pipe so it doesnt foul the exit in the valance. Depends on how much flexibility you have - rotating the box might need the last union that connects it to the middle box taking down.

I've always been amazed that the GRP bodywork doesnt get damaged so near to the exhaust but it doesnt seem to!

• Like 1

Obviously making contact with the suspension isn't ideal for NVH. .