free hit
counters
Black Esprit S2 LTS 383 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
JonSE

Black Esprit S2 LTS 383

Hi,

I'm looking for a former S2 I used to own, buyer would have purchased from Harrogate area in 2013.

Just interested if the car is still around and in use.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Jon

Dont know the car and putting the number into DVLA website doesn't bring back any record. Could have been transferred onto another car. Do you know the original reg number as it may have been returned to that and could show on DVLA?

Further to that, putting LTS 383 through google suggests that the number was auctioned in 2016 in Knaresborough hence may be on renention.

Worth trying a post on social media -Lotus Esprit pages as that would get a fairly wide viewing and someone may know. Do you have any details of the purchaser you could try and recontact for details?

On another note do you still have an Esprit? I'm based in North Leeds and currently scanning the market for an S3 but interested in chatting to owners etc.

All the best with your search.

Regards.

Dave.

Edited by bigfella70

Thanks Dave, 

More than happy to chat, drop me a Pm with your details and I'll call you. 

I owned an SE and S2 for many years running them for a while as daily cars and doing a lot of work myself to keep them going such as fuel tank swaps and charge cooler replacement. I'm not that technical but being hands on is an important part of ownership. 

Only moved across to four seater German stuff as the family started. 

I think the trader that I part ex'd must have removed the plate in that case and sold separate.

I'd been looking for S1's for ages but got warned off (much to my regret now). 

Picked up. An S2 and loved it. 

One trader that sells to contact is Mark at Stocks. I've met him a few times and he's got knowledge accross the range. He's just sales now but always seems to have a good range of cars in. Pity I can't afford the yellow S1 he has otherwise I think I might be down there to test drive! 

@JonSE try putting a photo up on the Lotus Esprit Group on Facebook. It has nearly 5,000 member world-wide, so someone may know something of it's whereabouts.

The specific S1, S2 & S2.2 (Type 79) Group is quite new, with only 56 members, but the owner base is quite knowledgeable.

Good luck.

Hi Jon,

im no help with the S2 I’m afraid but I was reading a thread on what the various models are like to drive and being an S2 owner who hasn’t driven the car yet I’d love to hear your experiences with how the Esprit’s compare. The topic is here!

good luck with the search

george

:) 

image.png.cf1141ded182c1f80bd179866d2d44f2.png

That's sad, I wonder if the plate being removed has skewed this though, think the new owner was Birmingham way and the car reverted back to original reg....