free hit
counters
Three years in a 400 and still loving it! - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Three years in a 400 and still loving it!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add my positive comments I'm on my second Evora an early 400 following a late Sport Racer S and I'm completely loving it, tested a 410 before I purchased and loved that too but preferred

I’m in need of some Lotus love so I thought I’d start a new thread on my experiences in my 400. My claim to fame, nobody has owned a 400 as long as me - 3 years, 3 weeks and counting. I don’t wan

I’m coming up on a years ownership of a 400.  Bottom line, it keeps getting better.  I never and I mean never, don’t enjoy driving this car.  From the moment you push the start button its all about th

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Seems we arnt the only ones who love the EVORA 400, R&T list it as one their Favorite Cars of 2018

They aren't necessarily new. They aren't necessarily the best. But they struck a chord with us for one reason or another.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/g25423122/our-favorite-cars-of-2018/

Before the Evora 400, I'd never driven a Lotus outside of a video game. It's a brand I love, whose philosophy speaks to me, but I was worried I'd be disappointed. After all, Lotus is a company that's barely turned a profit in its 70 years of existence, and it doesn't have nearly the development budget of, say, Porsche

This car didn't disappoint. It's engaging at every speed ,with inputs that are judged to perfection; it's beautiful and distinct, but never ostentatious; its handling is world-class, while ride quality remains excellent; it's just plain cool.

Basically, it's everything I want in a sports car, and exactly what a Lotus should be.

—Chris Perkins, Web Editor

dw-burnett-puppyknuckles-lotus-evora-9273-1544111533.jpg

Edited by au-yt
  • Like 1

Great post, Justin. My Evora (non-S) is my first Lotus, after many "greats" that never quite hit the spot (or lasted long). I use it every day I can and really cannot even contemplate selling it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well one year on and the more I drive my 400 the more I realise how good these cars are. I have a favourite drive to and from the the south of the city. Returning home on Friday morning phone in its screen mounted holder, WAZE app on,  Spotify playing, as I went through a series of tight sweeping corners 🤐 , I got a huge smile as the screen on my phone was electronically swing from left to right, as it tried to work out which was up. I love this thing.

• Haha 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, after starting this thread almost two years ago, I thought I would update it with the news that I have decided now is the time to sell the 400.  The car has been brilliant throughout my almost 5 years of ownership, its just not getting used as much as it used to.  That hasn't been helped by the lockdown, but additionally work in the future is likely to involve a lot less travel so my uses for a practical sports car have decreased significantly.  I rarely have time to disappear out for drive for an extended period of time on some nice roads so it comes out the garage only when I need to go to the shop with the children - prefering to take one of my other cars if it is just me running solo.  

If anyone is interested in a metalic grey, red leather interior, manual with 24k miles on the clock, let me know. It will undoubtedly be a sad day though when it finally departs.

Greg 

• Sad 2

Don't go it Greg, you'll miss it when it's gone! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's a shame... 

As Greg knows, I toy with moving mine on but I'm hoping that my numbers come up before I actually pull the trigger on doing so! 

IMG_20190423_190555.jpg

48 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Don't go it Greg, you'll miss it when it's gone! 

But Bibs, it frees me up to look seriously at the new Lotus due shortly...!

36 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

It's a shame... 

As Greg knows, I toy with moving mine on but I'm hoping that my numbers come up before I actually pull the trigger on doing so! 

IMG_20190423_190555.jpg

I really don't miss that steep carpark at all!  Always worred about my handbrake failing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...