free hit
counters
Evora S1 Power fold mirrors. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Has anyone found a way to make the power fold driving mirrors fold when the central locking is activated to lock the car?  I always find it a bit of a PITA to have to fold them with the toggle before getting out of the car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It is possible but it’s quite involved. It involves adding extra box(es) to the electrics. 

There is a ‘how to’ guide somewhere, either on here or over on Lotustalk. 

IIRC you need to change the power fold mirror switch to one from a Ford Mondeo. Some found it was just a change of switch required, other needed to fit a module inside the door trim, depending on model year.

As above, all details on here and Lotustalk somewhere

Paul, the Ford Mondeo switch just enables the powerfold feature (all the mirrors have the motors in them). 

The OP is asking about an autofold function (connected to the central locking). 

@Breeze, here you go. The Lotustalk ‘how to’ (courtesy of @agentdr8):

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f417/auto-folding-power-mirrors-365769/

Yep Jonny, I was getting confused :lol:, it’s 2-3 years ago since this was last discussed

Extra module inside the door trim required, on eBay for between £6 & £20 depending on how long you want to wait

Personally I don’t see the point. The mirrors are only 2 inches wider than the car and I’d rather lose a mirror than the rear wing.  Never used the function on my NA and would quite like to stop it on the 400 as it looks rubbish in pictures. 

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

Personally I don’t see the point. The mirrors are only 2 inches wider than the car and I’d rather lose a mirror than the rear wing.  Never used the function on my NA and would quite like to stop it on the 400 as it looks rubbish in pictures. 

Maybe the parking situation over there is better, but here in the states, the spots at many places are barely wide enough for the car itself, and when you get people who park on/near the lines, there are times where you might avoid a door ding, but instead they smack the mirror when shimmying out between the cars and either fold it backwards (assuming it can fold that way) or they just break it off. 

11 hours ago, Colin P said:

Personally I don’t see the point. The mirrors are only 2 inches wider than the car and I’d rather lose a mirror than the rear wing.  

I’m with you on this one Colin, can’t see the point in stripping down the door panel etc for something so superficial.

However, everyone is different and has a different perspective on what they require, whether it be colour, options or gizmos.