free hit
counters
Little winter project - Page 3 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Struggling with size on here. I’ve stuck one up on Facebook which shows here driving forwards and back down the farm. 

Sounds simple - but it was a very exciting moment 

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it back up home now.  Clean and a quick polish - scrubs up ok. The interior isn’t great and will need a clean and some new carpets

Well my winter project arrived late last night.  Shes tucked up in Nobbys barn as 1/ I have no space and 2/ I hadn’t told the missus. had a brief looksee on the way to work - as th

Mot passed - car back on the drive.  Few things to sort and she’s ready for the swimming runs

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Video is too big a file to post on here. 

New oil, filter and plugs along with coolant and brake fluid this morning.

taken it for a spin up the road. It drives ok. Clutch and gearbox ummm interesting as it’s a very short throw gearstick. 

Rev counter is a 4 pot one on a v8 so is over reading the revs.

just need to clean and hoover the inside out as it looks like an abandoned bus shelter in there.

Its being picked up for MOT monday

Only here once

47 minutes ago, GTK said:

Seeing as it's already got a V8, would I be the devil to suggest throwing a ZF4HP22 into it? GT baby!

I think that might mean blacksmith work on the chassis - nice idea though - great gearboxes (I have one!)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, rjwooll said:

That's a beaut, Barry

Thems good photos - camera definitely flatters it - it’s a solid car

46 minutes ago, tom kilner said:

You're displaying an out of date tax disc😆.

Great car!

1999 was the last time it was on the road

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Before you go swimming,  don't forget it's not an esprit😂

Good luck with the sale - is it worth buffing the engine bay?  the car looks so nice on the outside - and underneath.

Hopefully prices for usable cars will firm up like the prices for projects, and the values aren't dominated by originality purists !

• Like 1

Fab news Barry,   Glad it passed,   great car, always wanted an elite.  :thumbup:   Looked breifly into shipping the mutant, not cheap and the regs are pretty strict also :(  Have never seen and Elite over here in the flesh, but it would defo be a car that would stand out :)

• Like 1

A

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Not as yet chap. She’s sat by the garage with a to do list on the seat.

its nice enough to drive - but I ain’t feeling the love and the v8 isn’t exciting me as I’d have liked it to. Maybe I’ve been spoilt with an Esprit 

Only here once

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Not as yet chap. She’s sat by the garage with a to do list on the seat.

its nice enough to drive - but I ain’t feeling the love and the v8 isn’t exciting me as I’d have liked it to. Maybe I’ve been spoilt with an Esprit 

Tuning parts for this puppy are amongst the cheapest and most plentifull out there....

skim through ebay....

🙂

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

It’s available anytime now. 

S4s gearbox needs to come out to replace the synchro on 1/2. I’ll be slinking an LSD in it while I’m at it. A job for the Xmas holidays maybe.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

It really hasn’t - I filled it up when the car was put back together at the start of the year. Been here before, too many times, it’s fubar’d

LSD unit ordered - it’s coming out and having some love before next season

• Like 2

Only here once