free hit
counters
Little winter project - Page 4 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it back up home now.  Clean and a quick polish - scrubs up ok. The interior isn’t great and will need a clean and some new carpets

Well my winter project arrived late last night.  Shes tucked up in Nobbys barn as 1/ I have no space and 2/ I hadn’t told the missus. had a brief looksee on the way to work - as th

Mot passed - car back on the drive.  Few things to sort and she’s ready for the swimming runs

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

It looks like it may have. No response from the winner as yet though - so maybe not.... who knows - I hate eBay.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Reckon the buyers a con artist though 😂 awaiting the bullshit now - I’ve already had one email that looks like it’s shite

Only here once

I am sure you will be fine Barry,   As said 3k was a steal , if i was over there atm i would of bit your hand off for that car,  currently looking at shipping the mutant to Japan,  shockingly pricey and then have to also deal will the regs regarding noise and mods. :(

• Like 1

A

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

It’s more annoying than anything else. Listed as spyder chassis - very clearly - buyer moaning after seeing the chassis pictures that it was incorrect and the v8 was wrong. Ummm lotus never fitted a v8 to these. 😒

the second the weather warms up and if the cars still here I shall commence getting some interest in it myself

There’s plenty of margin in the car at the price it sold for the next guy to make some ££ or get a decent car

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Had a feeling you might have done Mike 

It needs a bit of work on the interior and some new Tyres. It’s gonna make someone a nice car with a bit of time and effort. 

Fingers crossed this sale goes through. If it doesn’t it’s tyres and trim and rolling my sleeves up

Only here once

Went out for a meal .me the Mrs and of course the hound .....watched me being the highest bidder ..thought cool .took the dog out for a wee .Only to find  it's not mine .Good luck it looked a nice car .....Mike

• Sad 2

Hi Dan .No worries  .Mrs B was not that  agreable with my  bidding lol .Would of been nice to have met Mr k in person .Now only if he could find a running s3 na .for 6 grand .......Mike away with the fairies.😩

• Haha 2
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Deposit paid. It’s gone to a proper enthusiast owner - so looking forward to seeing her progress to the next stage of her life. 

At least she’s now out of her long time slumber and back on the road - just hope the new owner uses and improves her

Make sure you get that chap on here, I would love to see what he does with it 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

@Barrykearley - I assume this fleabay add is a scam. Seller also has an Excel ad - both with suspiciously little info???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elite-V8-spyder-chassis/382858432973?hash=item59242411cd:g:NsUAAOSwaNRclkll

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

If that’s the elite - then yes it’s a scam.

its been bought and paid for but not yet collected 

Only here once