free hit
counters
What colour is my car? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What is the name of the colour of my car as I am struggling to match it with the names I can find?

Many thanks....

IMG_0028.thumb.jpg.4f421db0ea3ba97ade345307022f29af.jpgIMG_1921.thumb.jpg.a66e2f60897c8fd59d80d0a425e4fc3d.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Er, silvery grey? ;)

(If you get a Certificate of Provenance, it will have the colour (and the colour code) on it). 

What's the paint code? (on a sticker near the base of the rear seats, I'm led to believe)

23 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Storm Titanium

We have a winner.  B121 rather than B98 though (if there is any difference) 

43 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

What's the paint code? (on a sticker near the base of the rear seats, I'm led to believe)

So that's where it's hidden!  Nothing like having to pull apart your interior to find a sticker that is normally on the door.

2 minutes ago, pete757 said:

Looks a bit too light for Storm T...

I've found the paint to be very light dependent, totally different colour on a sunny day vs. a cloudy day. 

My S2 Elise 111s was ST... Great colour... indeed changes colour :>)

Just to conclude this and a warning to others....

The car is Storm Titanium and the sticker on the car is B121 but after the bumper was sprayed the colour match never seemed quite right.  I took it to a local body shop to see if they could do a better job, they put a camera on the paint and confirmed that the bumper was an excellent match for B121 but the rest of the car was B98.

After a chat with the most excellent Dave @Hangar 111 it turns out that around the time my car was built, Lotus updated the Storm Titanium colour from B98 to B121.  Presumably someone at the factory said paint that car Storm Titanium and the Paint shop did it in B98 then another person put a B121 sticker on it.  Got to laugh 🤯though not at the wasted money doing a job twice 😤

So a word of warning, never trust the paint code on the car and always use a body shop with a camera which can detect the correct colour and pigmentation to use.  Car now with Dave getting the incorrect colour painted on to the bumper.

Edited by Del Lardo
  • Like 1