free hit
counters
Ultra violet purple - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dan.G

Ultra violet purple

It is well known, I am on the hunt for a 380 exige.Yesterday I endeavoured on a 10 hour round trip to view yet another 380. I thought I would share my findings.

On paper, this colour really caught my eye, it always has done on the Porsches. In the advertising picture I think it look different and awesome, and somewhat masculine.

I asked the dealer to take the car place in sunlight (it was quite sunny yesterday). In sunlight the colour was completely different. It became an almost matt/flat colour and became what I would call a feminine colour, to be honest, I was a little disappointed, but this is my own view, I don't like or dislike it, just not what was expected and I doubt it is for me.

I have attached several pictures and angles if that helps anyone else.

Dan

Screenshot_20181023-081604_Firefox.jpg

20181022_132516.jpg

20181022_132541.jpg

20181022_133426.jpg

20181022_133033.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Personally I'm not a fan of the purple, but each to their own, if we all liked the same things it would be a very boring world.

Just had a look on PH classifieds at 380's for sale, I'm assuming you want a Sport not a Cup - to me the Hofmann's silver one at 62K seems like a deal. I like the silver with red too, I'd remove the union flag stickers though.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-sport-380------------------2017/8970289

Or Essex Blue is stunning in the sun.

Can't fault Hoffman's car to be fair, theirs is a nice car and I've been in discussions with them while looking at others.

I had a V8 M3 in that colour, which is the only reason I'm not 100% sold on the colour as I've had it before, it's not very shouty.

Maybe leave the Union flag stickers on then. At 8K less than the purp, before haggling,  it has to make sense?

Hmmm.. haggling, I wonder what Hoffman's can put on the table...

Wait... found it... it means the Ti exhaust gets thrown in too..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chris Marriott Hofmann's said:

Ummm... 

Sorry, that was the wrong language dictionary, in the English one it means a bit more money to make it a deal one can't refuse..

I thought the colour was okay in person, certainly not for shrinking violets though (zing!)

100% approval rating amongst 5 year old girls...

OWvSqJC.png

Edited by Mister_Tad
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mister_Tad said:

I thought the colour was okay in person, certainly not for shrinking violets though (zing!)

100% approval rating amongst 5 year old girls...

OWvSqJC.png

Having this picture previously would have saved me 10 hours of driving

• Haha 2

I honestly think that you might be better if you considered buying a 380 or 410 new? It will remove all the fears you seem to have and you will get the spec / clear history that you want? Not sure if Lotus still do the 50/50 finance deal?

i have to admit that the purple is not my cup of tea, but each to their own - many will think that my black Lotus is boring !

Ok this ones not an Exige, but you can't fault the colour 😁

IMG_0216.JPG

52 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

I honestly think that you might be better if you considered buying a 380 or 410 new? It will remove all the fears you seem to have and you will get the spec / clear history that you want? Not sure if Lotus still do the 50/50 finance deal?

i have to admit that the purple is not my cup of tea, but each to their own - many will think that my black Lotus is boring !

Will message you

• Like 1

You paint your cat??

😉

• Haha 2

I've seen that purple one a few times, they are my local dealer, but I just can't get one with it. It has no depth as I said in your other thread, but I think Aubergine would be amazing!

However it is better than the Hoffmans car in terms of colour, sorry guys!

Honestly I woulnd't buy either if I had the cash,  I'd go for one of these two. Batman spec or "F you Porsche" spec

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-3-5-v6-380-sport-2dr/8808380

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-sport-380/8852357

Totally agree Mike - that black one is the one to buy. Great price and they look fantastic in Black - that was my second choice to Fire Red.

I know it’s a Cup - but I love this one in black.....red wheels and all😎👌

5A36C69B-D55A-4CA3-B36D-8AF2F7B068DE.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I've seen that purple one a few times, they are my local dealer, but I just can't get one with it. It has no depth as I said in your other thread, but I think Aubergine would be amazing!

However it is better than the Hoffmans car in terms of colour, sorry guys!

Honestly I woulnd't buy either if I had the cash,  I'd go for one of these two. Batman spec or "F you Porsche" spec

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-3-5-v6-380-sport-2dr/8808380

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-sport-380/8852357

I agree the black is nice...but....

Both are considerably more money than Hoffman's, and neither have the same amount of carbon.

Black would be a pain to keep clean.

Not going to lie, it has been a pain in the rear to find the right car

9 minutes ago, Dan.G said:

I agree the black is nice...but....

Both are considerably more money than Hoffman's, and neither have the same amount of carbon.

Black would be a pain to keep clean.

Not going to lie, it has been a pain in the rear to find the right car

Black would need a full correction and ceramic coat/ppf to keep nice = more cost. Blue probably would too but less noticeable for slight marks I reckon.

Have you considered buying the hoffmans car and wrapping or even respraying it? 

3 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Black would need a full correction and ceramic coat/ppf to keep nice = more cost. Blue probably would too but less noticeable for slight marks I reckon.

Have you considered buying the hoffmans car and wrapping or even respraying it? 

I have considered wrap or touches of livery to bring it to life.

I am trying my hardest to like the colour.

I must hand it to Hoffman's, Chris is the most patient saleman ever, I must have asked 7.3 millions questions by now

It takes time :) It took me over 6 months to find one I liked. Then, literally 2 days after collecting mine, my local dealer had the same colour but with forged wheels less miles and less owners.

Just hang in there. Don't give in to "I don't hate it, it'll do" feelings 

4 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

It takes time :) It took me over 6 months to find one I liked. Then, literally 2 days after collecting mine, my local dealer had the same colour but with forged wheels less miles and less owners.

Just hang in there. Don't give in to "I don't hate it, it'll do" feelings 

Which is exactly where I'm at haha

WoW it looks so different out in the open sun shine!