free hit
counters
X-ref for V8 front and side indicators? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LotuStuart

X-ref for V8 front and side indicators?

am looking to replace mine. I know the rear clusters are Toyota...

Also, anyone have any spare or a source?

Thanks as always...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello Stuart the fronts are almost unobtainable, I have dug deep on them and they came from an American manufacturer who hasn't listed them for twenty years or more. PNM do replacement clear lenses. They were also used on the M100. There's a thread in the Esprit Cross Ref electrical forum on them and includes resilvering the reflectors. 

I've never looked for sides but they should be easier. I'm away for a few days but will have a search around at the weekend for you if nothing comes up in the meantime. 

Alan

• Like 1

I am sure the side ones are nothing special ( I had mine replaced some time ago and am sure they came from some other car - will have a search tonight). The front's I am afraid are something else - but they were also fitted to the McLaren  F1 if you wish to try the McLaren parts shop :getmecoat:. As for the American suppliers I supposedly purchased the last two new pairs from the states some time ago (one broken unit was left on the shelf) when I had a company in the US track down all available units - not a cheap process. SWLC had one set, long since sold,  and I had the other set. They do turn up in scrap yards now and again as they are also on the M100 - try Douglas Valley. I have a few spares but am trying to keep a complete set should I ever need them, if you need specific parts - front covers, back bits let me know and I will go and have a rummage - I may have a few extra bits.

Thanks Alan/Marc, that's much appreciated!

I'm after two front lenses, two side indicators, and also two rear clusters for my car. Marc, if you have any spare please drop me a PM...

cheers!

stu

@LotuStuart The side indicator appears to be from Renault:

http://www.retroptic-auto.com/en/master/3791-wing-indicator-light-cibie-87016.html

and should not be too hard to source.

I have had a hunt in my spares bin and apart from the complete spare set I only have a back reflector and not a lens as I thought. It is not in brilliant condition but is repairable and could easily be usable should you need it.

@swindon_alan - If you don't have this cross ref, hope this helps.

PS - Just remember SWLC have had the back reflector units remade and available as new items:

http://www.thelotuscentreonline.co.uk/epages/sdctukef2v6v.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/sdctukef2v6v/Products/C100M0013R

For reference, the side repeaters are the same as used by the Renault 5 Turbo, and there is a good supply of aftermarket replacements (same style, just not CIBIE) on ebay. You can also get the clear lenses if that's your bag!

I've got some used OEM front indicator lenses although assume your looking for mint/new? In fact I also have a brand new set of the rear Toyota rear lights in a box direct from Lotus many moons ago!