free hit
counters
PPF from the factory? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My S1 Sports Racer is extensively covered with PPF (Paint Protection Film) on the front end, the sills, lower doors, rear quarters. Needless to say, the paint is unmarked :>)

I thought mine was applied post sale, but I have read somewhere that new Evora's come from the factory with PPF already applied. Is this true?

If so, what parts of the car are covered please?

Also, are the lower sills that used to be painted black (as part of the black pack and SR trim) now just wrapped in a stone protector matt black colour... I which case I guess that is not then again covered in PPF?

Cheers,

Pete. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It sounds like you’ve got the standard PPF:

12_05.gif

(The darker grey areas. You can get the specific piece details off Deroure). 

Mine has the same coverage as pictured, but the whole front clam is covered (i.e. Up to the door join) and the whole front quarter panels. Don't think it's factory, but it's about due for replacement now. 

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

It sounds like you’ve got the standard PPF:

12_05.gif

(The darker grey areas. You can get the specific piece details off Deroure). 

So is this how they are delivered ex factory?

Yes. 

Regarding the sills, there have been so many variations of either different types of paint (with & without ppf) or black ppf that I have lost track which was applied to which generation of car. Maybe one of the ‘Evora nerds’ (;)) knows the answer...

My old Sr was an ex press car and had a lot more ppf than normally fitted including a bit on the boot edge.

Gav 

@pete757 The Evora sills have PPF as standard from the factory. The other areas shown in the diagram that have PPF, are standard for some hot climate versions (GCC, Federal etc) but only an option for cold climate cars (Europe etc).

The sills are always painted; black pack used to be Phantom (gloss) black but are now painted in Senosoft (matt) black which is harder wearing, they are then PPF'd. 

• Like 1

I was going to say - my SR has ppf on all areas on that diagram except the front end. I am the 2nd owner but understanf that is std uk.Thats 

My MY12 Evora has a fraction of the PPF shown on the diagram above, and is as it left the factory. I do have a stone chip though, but only the one I can see. For me, the best PPF is the knowledge to not drive so close to the car in front. This protection has worked well for every Lotus I have owned :yes:

Agreed... me too :>)

Does not work so well out on track however mate... chasing Benja for example!! 😂